Another Good Day (And Not The Weather)

Derek0291

Well, it was very choppy and windy to say the least, but we still managed to land a couple. Total time fished 1 hour 30 mins.

I was fortunate enough to have my friend with me today to assist in netting and photo.

The bigger one was caught on a twister tail and the smaller a minnow.

There was one downside to today, a fellow boater noticed our catch and positioned himself right in between us and we were talking distance apart (nice people), but we have anchors out with a decent amount of line so please if you see this don't do that again it's too dangerous as the current swings us around ect. . Thanks!

12495101_10153607152432972_6042447882785

12931131_10153607155482972_4719892403324

Pretty sure I saw someone post a pic of you guys on instagram today questioning your anchoring. Reguardless, glad you got into a few good ones.

8lb dumbbell + old camping rope attached to an anchor trolley.

I find the anchors that need to snag the bottom are way too dangerous as I had to cut one off one time out. The dumbbell, for the most part, just rolls around if enough wind/current is present.

Great job. Skinny lookin laker

I was thinking about this for a bit today. Saw a show called "silent invaders", discussing the invasive species sea lamprey. It appears this one is a victim (wound on side).

Apparently most fish don't live after, this one is a trooper!

Saying most don't survive might be a bit exaggerated. From experiance fishing the soo rapids and the niagara, there is a good chunk of salmon and trout that have one to even three lamprey scars. It would seem to me that lots survive. Unless there is a large chunk of the victims that we don't see.

That lakers is definitely long and slender.

Archived