Wilson Lake Port Loring

Chrome11

Used to go there 20 years ago when I was a kid. Was great bass and pike fishing. We always used crayfish. Pike loved the mepps. Worms for the pickerel. I am sure a lot has changed since then though. Good luck

If you can find a depth map. I'd be interested! Been looking for years...

We did pretty good last year with creature baits for bass in the freshest weed we could find. Struck out on the walleye though.

Thanks for all the replies. I am staying at the Wilsonlakeresort.com. I fished pickeral river years ago with jigs for walleye and lipless crankbaits for bass. I think I will try 7 " plastic worms, tex rigs for bass and worm harness for walleye (maybe hook a muskie using it). I found a web site for the map of Wilson Lake for $10. I will post pictures hopefully of the trip. 2 families with 4 kids ages 5-10. hope they have luck too.

The weed bed out in front of the island that has the Canadian flag was always good for a few Walters , Pike , and Bass

I always used a Lucky Strike double bladed spinner (come 2 per pack ) and worms. never let me down!!

been fishing up there on Wilson , Duck and Pigeon lakes since i was 19. great place and lots of water to cover!

I always stayed with White Birches (The Moore's)

• 2 years later...

Archived