A Prime Example Of Ignorance [Might Be Graphic To Some]

gunner-2

my buddy was out on the weekend helping me locate turkeys when he had came up on these disturbing

kills he he is not a hunter or trapper and called me on my cell to meet him at the place he was at he didn't

tell me what he had found till i got there as i got there he was pointing at the ground and asking me if this is legal

as i got up to it i can see that someone had killed 2 beaver and 2 otters and just tossed them away like they were just a peace

of garbage as a hunter and do so by the law this was a very disturbing thing to see and was very shocked to see otters

didn't know they were around hear i'm not a trapper and don't know if you can trap beaver or otter hear or shoot them

but can tell you that doing what they did is very illegal so took pic of it and sent them of to the M.N.R they prob will never know who did this

but thought it was best to report it so sent them a email with pics to them this morning and see what happens from hear will keep you posted002_zpst112bzyk.jpg

003_zpsrviw7hyp.jpg

I've seen that a few times around decew. Calld it in but nothing happened to my knowledge

I hope they can at least go and check it out if they were trapped they won't find who did it but if they were shot and the shot is still in them they can match the shot thats part of the reason

they right dawn all shot info when sold

I know the beaver population is booming, but is there a large otter population? Never seen one locally.

I new there were beaver around i have seen many but the otters never seen them around here as well I had to ask my buddy twice what he was looking at

and when i got there he was right

This makes my blood boil .....I hope they get the people who killed them and left them to rot ....they must really hate animals ...except themselves....

According to the maps , otters are living in this area , but sightings are rare . Maybe they have been spotted but people thought they were mink or ground hogs .

here's a link to some otter spottings ...scroll down the page to Mar .23 , 2015 & read the otter spotting near Jordan Harbour ......

http://www.discover-southern-ontario.com/otters-possums.html

This is the first time iv'e seen them hope the next time i do it will be alive just found out today my buddy wen't back there they are still there but after looking around he found 2 more beavers

that was skinned out we didn't see them last night these guy's new what they where doing like i said before i'm not sure if there is a season for beaver hear but i'm pretty sure there is not a season

for otter and even if there was a season for beaver or otter you don't kill them and throw them away to rot

when i called tips they took my name and number so i hope they call me and let me know something i doubt it i couldn't tell them the name of the road it was on so i told

them if an officer needs me to take them there i will but never heard anything today

I agree that this is a disgusting thing to do but the suggestion of tracking down the shot or bullets used to commit this crime is not realistic. There are probably hundreds of thousands of rounds sold in the region every week not counting the like number that people have stored in their homes for the last ten to fifty years. Further, I am not aware of any signature a shotgun pellet would leave to help identify the type of firearm it came from. It's only on television that this can be done.

I agree that this is a disgusting thing to do but the suggestion of tracking down the shot or bullets used to commit this crime is not realistic. There are probably hundreds of thousands of rounds sold in the region every week not counting the like number that people have stored in their homes for the last ten to fifty years. Further, I am not aware of any signature a shotgun pellet would leave to help identify the type of firearm it came from. It's only on television that this can be done.

Ya that can be true i was thinking a 22 cal or up i don't think it's the same with shot gun shells but i have to meet up with a co today to take them to the place see what happen's

Is there are farm nearby that maybe these critters were causing issues with water flow. Those beavers can cause a lot of damage especially 4 of them. Not saying how it was handled is right by any means. But kinda the same as farmers shooting groundhogs in his cattle field to them

I took the C.O's to the spot and the land owner came out and told them that the otters were there first back in March and the beavers showed up later now the one co

said that there is a few otter around but almost not not heard of and the beaver are getting more and more the other co thinks that the otters are from up north but there not happy

to see this waste i don't think they will find the guy but it was just a shame to see this so it's hard to say where the otters came from but there still going to investigate and was told

that it don't matter were the animals came from don't be discouraged if you now it was done by man and there is no season or it's out of season call TIP'S HOTLINE. I know i will

even as a hunter i love to see wildlife/fish alive and doing well PS they didn't get into details but they are doing some talks about the deer pop as well turkey now i hope they can fix that

As a kid we would go watching waterfowl with a high power spotting scope on the Niagara River and you would see Otters sliding and playing down the banks of Navy Island , this would have been the 60's. Only other otter I have seen in the peninsula was 5 or so years ago here about a 100 yards up Forty Mile Creek. No mistaking an Otter as they are several times the size of a mink.

This is just flat out disturbing how someone can do this. I have seen quite a few beaver around niagara lately and I seen an otter out on the Welland river one morning but thought I was going crazy. I really wish poaching along with want and waste laws carried a higher penalty. I know it wouldn't deter everyone but it might just help in some cases

Archived