Heads Up

smerchly

Fishing at Jordan ...looking for carp/cats , which haven't made a show yet , my partner found two ticks on his body , one embedded into his hip . It may be a bad year for them or they are just multiplying each year . Check for them guys & gals ....

Eat garlic. I fish streams alot and don't know what a tick looks like cause they hate me

Fish fear you ......ticks fear you .....I don't go near you ....... :rolleyes:

I got sweet blood from being diabetic and I get eaten alive and too boot I am also allergic to insect bites so I swell up, no amount of anything has helped me

This report from Hamilton is disturbing . It seems our dept.of health is down playing the seriousness of tick bites and the ensuing illness Lyme's disease can have on our lives . Perhaps the costs of detection and treatment of Lyme's too much to acknowledge ? We need to do what we can to keep the ticks away from our skins , so be very wary of those little #@%&*!* !

http://www.thespec.com/news-story/6510826-ticks-that-spread-lyme-disease-are-in-hamilton-warns-study/

You guys mention about garlic, do we eat them, few days before we head outdoor? Or do we brush them all over our legs or shirt.

I heard garlic also ward of vampires, but with so many beautiful female vampires I saw on TV, getting bitten might not be too bad.

You guys mention about garlic, do we eat them, few days before we head outdoor? Or do we brush them all over our legs or shirt.

I heard garlic also ward of vampires, but with so many beautiful female vampires I saw on TV, getting bitten might not be too bad.

the problem is that being a vampire sucks

I read that they are hard to spot once they cling on. To ensure they are not spread at home, potentially being attached to our shirt or couch, we need to dump our clothes inside the dryer first for few minutes before throwing them to the washer. They all get killed that way, but they do not necessary die under just normal washing. Google these info.

But then how do we know they are not transferred and hiding inside our car seat before we get home to change our clothes? These guys are starting to get on my nerve and tick me off!

I am planning to fish whirlpool any day soon with some beginner friend. I hope we do not get any of them.

Honestly it is worth stripping down to undies when coming out of any tick areas.I have had a few people look at me strange while doing tick checks but I almost always find some so I check before I bring them in the truck.

I went to Outdoors Oriented today & got some Bens spray for the ticks . It doesn't have a nice smell to it but neither does Buckley's cough syrup ...I read some comments from users and it may be the best out there ....has a deet rating of 30 .

Archived