Turkey Decoy Setup

Guest brookie slayer

Guest brookie slayer

I have 3 decoys , a tom and 2 hens..any suggestions on best way to set up .

Different setup in the am than the pm?...I've heard to put both hens together

and the tom 10 yards or so away.?.. any info is appreciated.

What i do with my jake decoy and my hen is i put the hen submissive pose to the jake and have jake decoy standing right over it as if he has the rights to her and you can put the other hen right beside them you don't have to keep them apart just have the other hen like she is eating or she is just there or you can put her a bitt apart if you wish but i always have my jake ready

like he is going the tag her if there is a tom in the area and he sees this he will be coming on the run this works well for me i shoot a bird every year doing this and a jake will act the same way

unless you are using a tom decoy the jake will not try to take him on sometimes a tom will scare from another tom thats y i use a jake i had toms come running full speed at my decoy slap the hell

out of it then run off so be ready to shoot you never know what will happen

Guest brookie slayer

I have been scouting,but not with my decoys.I'm seeing and hearing plenty of

birds.and thanks gunner.I'll def try that...

I use the same set up as gunner and find it to be successful and simple set up. Also agree with GW that you can over call especially when starting out. Sometimes they sneak in without making a sound and you'll likely scare them off without even knowing they are already coming in.

Guest brookie slayer

Thanks for the advice. I'd like to clarify I'm not just starting out or a newbie. Been hunting

turkeys for almost 20 yrs. With moderate success. I've been told my calling is top notch. In the past I never really hunted seriously for them Cuz I'm focused on trout season.just lookin for different setups or personal opinions on

what has worked

Archived