First yak pike/looking for more

Derek0291

3 hours of fishing yesterday during mid-day and we managed to land one pike.

Buddy was fighting a fish for about 3 or 4 minutes and managed to lose what had to be a 3 foot+ musky (no spots like pike in pic) . It crashed the surface of the water right by the yak and spat the hook. man were the hearts pounding on that one. didn't know they were that big in there.  

if anyone ever wants to meet up, PM me, we're always looking for more! will prob head out every weekend until the summer is over now.

13260178_10153733035182972_2940878463781

On ‎5‎/‎30‎/‎2016 at 0:35 PM, yakfish said:

Looks like the Welland River. I might headed out after work today for a couple hours.

We'll be doing the night shift this weekend.

Any luck yesterday?

I had to work later than expected yesterday. Didn't get out. Going to try and find the kitties tomorrow night if I'm allowed!

make sure to be well lit at night as I do some late night fishing as well... cant count the number of times I've almost ran over a tinner with no lights. and just fyi flicking cig lighter doesnt do squat. 

18 hours ago, rickyy33 said:

make sure to be well lit at night as I do some late night fishing as well... cant count the number of times I've almost ran over a tinner with no lights. and just fyi flicking cig lighter doesnt do squat. 

I hear ya! I get worried enough during the day.. boats with their bow high and no one scouting... eek.

Archived