Jordan harbour question

DNorton

Want to get the yak out in Jordan harbour but on the other side of the QEW going toward the train bridge. So my question being where do I launch? I don't really like the idea of Parkig at the marina and carrying the kayak down to the beach. I'm thinking there has to be an easier way in. Thanks for the advice in advance. 

There's a conservation park on 21st Street & QEW .....it used to be Campells Boat Marina . You can enter from the back end where the Bailey Bridge crosses the 20 Mile Creek , or from Victoria Ave. ( south side) at the lights .....turn east (Niagara bound to QEW) but drive straight through toward the harbour and turn left at the Conservation park sign . There a nice ramp there , out house ,and lots of parking .You can paddle almost to the Bailey bridge . Gates are open 8am to 8 pm and sometimes earlier , like yesterday , it was open at 7 am.

https://npca.ca/conservation-areas/jordan-harbour

4 minutes ago, smerchly said:

There's a conservation park on 21st Street & QEW .....it used to be Campells Boat Marina . You can enter from the back end where the Bailey Bridge crosses the 20 Mile Creek , or from Victoria Ave. ( south side) at the lights .....turn east (Niagara bound to QEW) but drive straight through toward the harbour and turn left at the Conservation park sign . There a nice ramp there , out house ,and lots of parking .You can paddle almost to the Bailey bridge . Gates are open 8am to 8 pm and sometimes earlier , like yesterday , it was open at 7 am.

https://npca.ca/conservation-areas/jordan-harbour

Awesome! Exactly what I was looking for thanks so much! Now to just find the time to get out and fish. Lol. 

I believe there's no hunting at Jordan Harbour , but okay to fish there . Remember the "Owl Lady" ?  She build dozens of little shacks on the west side just passed the trestle for rehabilitating injured owls & also hawks I believe . I hunted ducks, rabbits & pheasants there many years ago . So , yes , it's now a sanctuary from what I've heard .  :th_fudd:.........  :nea:

Archived