fox reels

Jason15

I found a good deal on a fox stratos 10000E it is a baitrunner and was wondering if it was any good. Right now I use a Rapala shift on a 10' mh shimano clarus but am getting tired of having to swap reel from rod to rod

Would the good deal be only $120 for the reel? ;)

I can't comment on how good the reel is, but I bet it would be a decent reel. I use a Daiwa Black Widow (lowest on the daiwa reel totem pole) and have no complaints. If its a really good deal, i say the convenience of not having to change the reel onto different rods would be good enough to pull through with the order.

Oops i was looking at the other reel on the website. Ill be picking up from Simon on Friday. (I'm assuming you're on Carp Kit)

I think I may have found my go to place for carp supplies after the order of the reel. So far it casts smooth and was easy to set up I am yet to catch a fish on it yet though I did manage a decent size pike on my sons 5' ugly stick in the mean time. Prices and selection is good and I have put together another order with the basics. Just not sure what to use for the feeders.

1 hour ago, Jason15 said:

I think I may have found my go to place for carp supplies after the order of the reel. So far it casts smooth and was easy to set up I am yet to catch a fish on it yet though I did manage a decent size pike on my sons 5' ugly stick in the mean time. Prices and selection is good and I have put together another order with the basics. Just not sure what to use for the feeders.

I've been going to Simon for almost a year. Usually do a pickup once every 2 weeks. Have absolutely no complaints.  

When you say you don't know what to use for the feeders, do you mean what to pack around them?

Ya right now i have the stuff from peters but it doesn't seem to break up I've been looking at the mainline geound bait or the envy stuff. I wouldn't mind driving up but after work time is limited as is weekends between work and a 7yrs and 5 months

Mainline pineapple is part of my spod mix that caught that 33 pounder. Smells so damn good. I have the envy stuff as well, but havent used it yet. Planning on using it next weekend on the canal

That looks like a great reel for carp , and getting 2 spools is a bonus !   It looks like it can handle those brutes very well .  I like to set the back drag very lightly , especially when I am using a bolt /hair rig .  They basically hook themselves and the line just peels off before you get to the rod ....a real blast ! 

JMO .....yes the pineapple smells up the whole house real nice . I have it in my maize ......makes me hungry smelling the stuff .  Going to give it a try in the morning .....getting shack wacky , haven't been fishing for a couple of weeks ......

I know for the mainline he only has spicy left I may just get the halibut hemp stuff. I ordered 2 korda method feeders and 2 inline feeders

Archived