A major hunters’ group has its back up after Engie, a wind energy company big in Southwestern Ontario, asked landowners with its turbines to ban hunting on their turf

psilokan

I just read this too. This could be a big deal for a lot of hunters in the area. You can't look very far with out seeing one of these turbines. That's gonna be a lot of in hunt able land. 

I herd about this 3 month's ago as a hunter i can understand what they are saying As of right now i am not affected by it as no won will let you hunt anyway. And see someone does

something with a gun the hunters get the blame just another day at the office so to speak the hole thing just makes me sick .Ok if the guy's are working don't let allow  hunt until

they are done dont ask the landowner to ban it a person hunting on someone's land for years or even one season the land owner should know you by now and how far your respect

goes on his property and i find it funny how they turn vandalism into a hunting problem most of the hunting is done by bow except for 2 weeks of shot gun hunting for deer and as far as shooting a slug at a deer well the last time i seen a deer it didn't have wings so there is no slugs being fired in the air unless it hits the tower and duck and geese ya you shoot in the air at them BUT duck /goose load i cant see them having any effect on it but it's common sense don't shoot that way set up so you shoot away from it it's like anything the only gun that could reach the top and do damage to it is a riffle and we can only hunt coyotes with them again no wings and watch your shot only common sense that all hunters know

i'm curious if the land owners secretly got threats on how much money they will take if they allow hunting or if they will be held responsible for the damage we will just have to see

how things go we lost hunting do to land owners being sued cause a hunter got hurt on his land[ NOT COOL] now this and whats next 

A few days ago I talked to a guy who was telling me how these huge monstrosities are killing thousands of birds , large and small , and many thousands of bats , killed every night across Ontario . They government could care less since they will make billions from these machines from our electricity bills . There is a lot of info on line about the bird kill , but it's too late too change . The ban on hunting is just another one of the things they knew they would do before they built them .

Here is one of the first things I read 'some' info , since it's a very long read ......About half way down the page it shows a bunch of partridge dying or dead at the base of one turbine .....many more shots of eagles , hawks , bats , song birds etc . They knew this would happen but just don't care as they do about hunting .

http://ontario-wind-resistance.org/category/bats-and-birds/

• 1 month later...

Listen, alot more birds are killed by glass buildings..... Also the lights from the cities etc are messing up their migration and feeding so dont blame turbines its everything we do.  Turbines are just another thing to add to the bill.  I hate that people knock theae things yea they cause problems but they are using renewable energy would you rather burn coal or something else that ruins the environment more? Birds can be replaced with stocking ozone cant ;)

Very good point canalinvader . However I do believe it is not right to ask that of the landowners. Every hunter is responsible for there shot so pretend a misplaced shot hits a wind turbine I believe they should liable to pay for damages..... Don't ban hunters from feeding themselves and there families.

Birds can be replaced ...yea ,  I have a plastic dodo bird to admire , and when the wind stops blowing we can hire people to to turn the turbines with peddles . For people who don't live near them .....no problems .  I would rather see them use football fields and fill them with solar panels  .  I'm hoping that someday our houses will be self sufficient using both wind & solar panels for energy . I know a guy who gets 4 times the money back from his solar paneled roof than what he pays for his electric bill , He sends all the electricity from the panels back into the grid @ 30 cents per kw. When we stop caring about the birds and the bees , we will not need to worry about electricity eventually .....

Archived