NOT TO SMART

gunner-2

Trouble with banning them from hunting means nothing to them sometimes ..... Taking their guns away for 5 -10 years would help deter them ....but they could go with crossbows or traps ....then it's jail time ,   where they might become the "prey" ....

12 hours ago, jdevlin said:

So instead of banning them from hunting the one guy is forced to take and pass the course for turkey hunting. Doesn't make sense.

:slap:Bad boy's now you go get your licence.It don't make sense i don't eat the leg's but i don't throw them away i give it to my brother-in-law

the fine that they got is a joke they need to be banned from hunting even if its for 5 years give them time to think about it 

why hunt at all. i had a chance this week to be within 10 ft of a wild bear that scaled in at 585lbs--i know this because the guy that tends to them at the dump i visited has them walk on a big scale to ensure thier health..bizarre yes but they help him to get rid of preishable foods and he just needs to remove plastics afterwards...these bears we unreal, very large. i for the first time in my life felt very small and insignifigant. these animals only have one worry..people with guns...i dont understand go to longos if you want a steak...my opinion but geez man humans are the only species that pay to kill for fun..we are like a parasite to mother earth. Go to a dump sometime and watch these monsters interact and gracefully saunder through thier land and you may not want to put 4 opounces of lead into thier head after...just my two cents.

Yes that is your two cents. I just got back from an archery bear hunt and we harvested 4 bears. We butchered the meat ourselves and it is great eating. If you eat beef or pork or chicken then you get others to raise and kill them for you. They are pumped full of steroids and antibiotics and the feed they get is not always the best. I have deer, bear moose, and small game in my freezer and rarely buy any meat. I checked on some studies and wild game usually has much less cholesterol and more vitamin content, plus they are free ranging. I would never shoot a bear near a dump...it is illegal to hunt within I think 500m of one anyways.

That is my 2 cents.

1 hour ago, schnipster said:

why hunt at all. i had a chance this week to be within 10 ft of a wild bear that scaled in at 585lbs--i know this because the guy that tends to them at the dump i visited has them walk on a big scale to ensure thier health..bizarre yes but they help him to get rid of preishable foods and he just needs to remove plastics afterwards...these bears we unreal, very large. i for the first time in my life felt very small and insignifigant. these animals only have one worry..idiots with guns...i dont understand go to longos if you want a steak...my opinion but geez man humans are the only species that pay to kill for fun..we are like a parasite to mother earth. Go to a dump sometime and watch these monsters interact and gracefully saunder through thier land and you may not want to put 4 opounces of lead into thier head after...just my two cents.

Hunting plays a big roll in conservation and hunters are not the only ones that pay do you not pay for a fishing licence do you not enjoy a nice fresh fish dinner once in a while 

or do you prefer over priced frozen fish from a store I enjoy wildlife just as much as you do but i enjoy hunting with out hunting we would be over run by animals look at the racoone

pop for years people trapped and hunted them for the fur and believe it or not some ate them as well but people made it that trapping is so bad or hunting them that most of the hunters stopped going after them now they are so populated that disease is taking over /rabies/distemper/and we can't keep up with it coyotes another problem getting over populated killing anything they can it's easy to say hunters are BAD PEOPLE but people need to get the fax on it before cutting us down as you call us Idiots

thats my 2cents

Boy , could I write a few thousand words on this subject  !   What it boils down to is putting a value on different animal species .A bud of mine raised a few cows & pigs on his small 5 acre lot ,  called them all by name ....kids fed them & they would come running when called for a hand treat , etc. One day the 3 cows & 3 little piggies were sent on a trip & came back home in frozen packages .... Many millions of farm animals meet the same fate . Biologically speaking , these animals are no different than the moose in the bush . Many humans like to eat wild (no hormone etc.) meat , & organic vegs. for the same reason . I'm sure many would stop buying certain fish & other foods knowing the history of where & how it was grown/ made . So , if one is a true vegetarian & doesn't eat ANY meat (like my neighbours son & wife .....you can scold the hunters with impunity .....otherwise , you haven't got a leg-o-lamb to stand on .....This house I'm sitting in used to be open land with many animals roaming around . It is now a big sub-division with plaza's , soccer fields ,and asphalt . The few small animals trying to survive are run over by fast moving vehicles , or killed by the many dogs & cats in the hood .  My little 18 lb. "Jug" presented us with a tiny rabbit in her mouth yesterday ......it was a quick kill .............

edit ....she got another rabbit today ....wanted to bring it into the house ......no place in this hood for rabbits to survive ....

I spend a lot of money on meat all year round and at 15 buck's for two pounds of hamburger or 10 bucks for chicken breast on sale or steak ruffly 12$

just turns my stomach but we do it .I can go out and harvest a deer and get 30lbs of hamburg or sausage and the rest of it steak and roast at the price of 19$ broadhead 

and feed my family for the winter /spring

And don't forget that our hunting licences, tags, etc pay for all the conservation efforts, stocking, population studies, etc. Not too many non-hunters that contribute to paying for conservation. 

1 hour ago, kgm said:

And don't forget that our hunting licences, tags, etc pay for all the conservation efforts, stocking, population studies, etc. Not too many non-hunters that contribute to paying for conservation. 

There is only so much land left for the wild animals to sustain a healthy population so they need to be counted & managed by the MNR , which is why a limited number of tags are sold  . The farms also need a planned amount of land to feed and raise their livestock .  It's the human population explosion that will eventually be the demise of our wildlife as we know it . Start building up instead of encroaching on our limited woodlands , etc.That would save many more animal lives than what hunters kill .  (don't like the word "harvest"  ...that's for crops , or "dispatch"...that's to send ..)    B)

You started talking about bears and then said "These animals only have one fear...idiots with guns" You were not talking about the turkey hunters. You also said "Why hunt at all" so I tried to explain it. I too could spend days writing or talking about Why I hunt. I do not push my views on others but I will defend my right to hunt and I do take exception to being called an idiot. I have talked with many non hunters about my hunting experiences and my beliefs and the usually come away with a better understanding and often a different look on it. I understand more a vegetarian or vegan's stance against hunting than the person who says they eat meat or fish but are against hunting...especially if they say they eat veal.  There are bad eggs in every walk of life and the  guys in the article are the exception. I have been  a member of the OFAH for 25 years and went to many of the game dinners and events that raised money for the reintroduction of the wild turkey and elk to Ontario. I do more for conservation with my license fees and efforts than most non hunters do.

I hope we have shed some light onto the subject. Have yourself a great day.

I'm a big enough guy to admit when i'm wrong but [schnipster these are your words i for the first time in my life felt very small insignificant. these animals have only one worry..idiots

with guns i don't understand go to longos if you wan't a steak...my opinion ] .I do not disrespect you for not being a fan of hunting that is your choice a lot of people don't like it and as hunters this is something we face all the time and to an extent i'm sure the same things go for fishing  but not as bad.I think that's why this became a touchy subject .If i got the wrong idea for your comment i apologize but on the same note i reacted to what i was getting from your post When it comes to guys hunting like this top post it makes me so mad

and im sure you will feel the same as i do when you hear about guys snagging salmon /trout / or what ever we all share the same passion and we both as hunters /and fishermen/ have to stand up for what we love to do we are both loosing our hunting /fishing spots every day do to yes i will say  it to idiots that disrespect our conservation and what it all stand for so i leave this post on good terms with you i hope you do as well like i said i have no disrespect against your feelings on the matter

Guest brookie slayer

We do have our facts straight...it's you who doesn't..."why hunt at all" is the most idiotic statement ive read on the forum...do your homework before you chime in with your two cents

I was brought up as hunting and fishing was a source of food and is the natural way of life. Wild game is far better for you and tastes better. There's also no other feeling of harvesting an animal cleaning and preparing it yourself to feed your family. It's real and its natural. Before grocery stores and packaged food this was life. But now that we have hormone packaged food at every corner hunting is a sinister act. Really every time u buy packaged meat or chicken ur doing the sinister act because those animals were destined for one thing and one thing only. And that is not humane 

It's people like this woman who writes dumb crap like this in the newspapers , that haven't a clue what they are talking about .  She is probably a peetah wack job that wouldn't eat an egg or a tuna sandwich !   Actually ,  she makes us hunters look good !    :D

read the last "rant" by F.S.......in today's Standard

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2016/08/25/letters-to-the-editor-2

Wow and it goes on and on:blahblah1: Josh Bowmar hunting a bear with a spear that was in Alberta i seen that yesterday you can make up your own

minds on that one

http://globalnews.ca/news/2898479/no-charges-for-hunter-who-speared-alberta-bear-in-video/

But is she that mindless that there is a big difference between hunting and war it just don't compare but that's what these people do take something so tragic

and compare it to hunting she really don't know how wacked she is making her self look :roflblack:

On 8/24/2016 at 10:03 AM, schnipster said:

why hunt at all. i had a chance this week to be within 10 ft of a wild bear that scaled in at 585lbs--i know this because the guy that tends to them at the dump i visited has them walk on a big scale to ensure thier health..bizarre yes but they help him to get rid of preishable foods and he just needs to remove plastics afterwards...these bears we unreal, very large. i for the first time in my life felt very small and insignifigant. these animals only have one worry..idiots with guns...i dont understand go to longos if you want a steak...my opinion but geez man humans are the only species that pay to kill for fun..we are like a parasite to mother earth. Go to a dump sometime and watch these monsters interact and gracefully saunder through thier land and you may not want to put 4 opounces of lead into thier head after...just my two cents.

That rant should get you kicked from the board 

On Wednesday, August 24, 2016 at 10:03 AM, schnipster said:

why hunt at all. i had a chance this week to be within 10 ft of a wild bear that scaled in at 585lbs--i know this because the guy that tends to them at the dump i visited has them walk on a big scale to ensure thier health..bizarre yes but they help him to get rid of preishable foods and he just needs to remove plastics afterwards...these bears we unreal, very large. i for the first time in my life felt very small and insignifigant. these animals only have one worry..people with guns...i dont understand go to longos if you want a steak...my opinion but geez man humans are the only species that pay to kill for fun..we are like a parasite to mother earth. Go to a dump sometime and watch these monsters interact and gracefully saunder through thier land and you may not want to put 4 opounces of lead into thier head after...just my two cents.

First off I'd like to point out that your more than willing to go and purchase meat from a store. Is it not in some way hypocritical that you yourself eats meat but you would like to use "my two cents" to point in the direction of anti-hunting? The animals that you are purchasing at the vast majority of grocery stores were cramped into small places and over fed. Then they are placed onto a truck from their "cozy" home and shipped hundreds of miles in a trailer where they urinate and deficat all over one another. From that point they are pushed through a shout into a building where they are scared to death and then slaughtered. So in turn your grocery store meat is a bi-product of factory farming. If you are only buying 100% free range organic grass fed beef then feel guilt free when you chomp down into you juicy steak. Is it not better to harvest/kill/take an animal that has lived a full life free of harassment? When this is done properly and older animals are harvested it is actually extremely beneficial to the population in general. Are you aware of what a majestic black bear boar does after awaking from hibernation? He goes out looking for black bear cubs to eat. Why you may ask? first of all food and secondly a sow black bear that has cubs will not go back into estrus for close to two years after giving birth. Once the cubs are gone the sow goes back into heat allowing the boar to pass along his genetics. 

One more little fun fact before I go. Humans are not the only animals that kill for "fun" wolves also kill just for the sake of killing and believe me they are much more ruthless and much more efficient than any human being. Also killing for fun wasn't really the topic. Even the ignorant poachers took the breast meat from the turkey. Trophy hunting and hunting for substenance are two completely different things. Now if your rant was against trophy hunting I'm sure you would have been able to find a few more alleys on the topic. 

Archived