Carp rod

Jason15

Any suggestions on a carp rod it would be mainly used for pond lake and possibly river fishing. I generally fish method feeders, boilies and just about anything with a hair rig. thanks

Your local tackle shop will have carp rods , & will  help you with tackle , baits and advice .  That's what I did to get a start on carp (catching) . ;)

....going out this evening for carp  to see how the late bite goes .....    :Gonefishing:

37 minutes ago, smerchly said:

Your local tackle shop will have carp rods , & will  help you with tackle , baits and advice .  That's what I did to get a start on carp (catching) . ;)

....going out this evening for carp  to see how the late bite goes .....    :Gonefishing:

Grimsby doesn't carry carp gear. i may pop into peters this weekend though. Good luck!

35 minutes ago, Tyler0420 said:

I believe my carp rod is a wychwood 12' 2.75lb.   About 100$. That thing can bomb boulders.  

Nice right now i just use a 9' clarus it does the trick for smaller fish

I have a 12 foot Daiwa Black Widow in 2.75lb. i wish i got the 3.25lb, but my rod has handled fish from 5 pounds up to 33 and i have had no troubles. They are a really soft rod in the tip, i was skeptical at first about it, but now i have come to love it. Oh, and mine was 80$ but i got it on sale. Throws solid PVA bags with a 3 oz weight with no problems.

5 hours ago, Jason15 said:

Grimsby doesn't carry carp gear. i may pop into peters this weekend though. Good luck!

Nice right now i just use a 9' clarus it does the trick for smaller fish

I use a 8'6" MH Clarus for every type of fishing From perch to salmon. it handles 20lb salmon no prob. 

I generally use it for pike and tossing spoons it seems a bit under sized when paired with my carp reel.

5 hours ago, Jmo1685 said:

I have a 12 foot Daiwa Black Widow in 2.75lb. i wish i got the 3.25lb, but my rod has handled fish from 5 pounds up to 33 and i have had no troubles. They are a really soft rod in the tip, i was skeptical at first about it, but now i have come to love it. Oh, and mine was 80$ but i got it on sale. Throws solid PVA bags with a 3 oz weight with no problems.

I will xheck thise out as well

Fished with Knightfisher this evening & he got the one carp of the evening . The weeds were a hassle and that's where a long rod helps to keep the line stay over the weed line . My carp rod is 12' at 3 lb. flex . ....lots of backbone to bulldog through those weeds . Lots of carp jumping , but not much on the feed .

Jason ....are you looking to buy both rod & reel ,  or do you have a reel ? If so , take the reel and try to match a rod to it for balance . Let us know how you made out .

12 hours ago, smerchly said:

Fished with Knightfisher this evening & he got the one carp of the evening . The weeds were a hassle and that's where a long rod helps to keep the line stay over the weed line . My carp rod is 12' at 3 lb. flex . ....lots of backbone to bulldog through those weeds . Lots of carp jumping , but not much on the feed .

Jason ....are you looking to buy both rod & reel ,  or do you have a reel ? If so , take the reel and try to match a rod to it for balance . Let us know how you made out .

Good stuff. Ya i'm looking to match my reel i have a fox 10000e

9 hours ago, RyannLarge said:

The guy at Pete's recommended minimum nine foot medium heavy. Emphasis on minimum. 

Definatly want to go bigger

I agree with those who recommend longer carp sticks, Jason.  I have a 12-foot Diawa Black Widow with a 3lb test curve.  

I think that in most situation, particularly if you only have one carp rod, I'd go with a 2.75lb or 3lb test curve.  

Tight lines.

Archived