Firemans park

RaedwulfFisher

I think you will find only Carp and possibly some Sunfish. The Stamford Volunteer Firemen used to stock Rainbows in there back in the '70s..One time many years ago, a fisher person caught a Pirhanna in there:o...........Daniel

Very small bass in there. Best i've caught is one pound. Biggest carp you'll get there is probably 6-7 pounds. I only go there when I have 30 mins and want to catch some carp.

That pond yields more species than your think. I lived just down the road so i spent some time there. Black crappie, white crappie, gills, sunfish, channel cats, carp, largies, silver perch. Nothing in there is monstrous, consider the size of the pond. But there is deeper water. Gotta put your time in there to figure out the fish. And the depths. But I have had some pretty good days there.

As Jordan said there is a variety of species there just not the size. Went down there last fall when I had some Time and got a bunch of crappie all around 9 - 10 inches biggest was close to 12 also got 1 small largie around 14 inches and a couple small white bass. Went there once this summer to have some fun with some light gear for carp lots of sunnies in the shaded areas and a bunch of carp all around 5 pounds biggest one was probs around 10. 

• 3 years later...
On 9/1/2016 at 7:33 AM, jordanl said:

That pond yields more species than your think. I lived just down the road so i spent some time there. Black crappie, white crappie, gills, sunfish, channel cats, carp, largies, silver perch. Nothing in there is monstrous, consider the size of the pond. But there is deeper water. Gotta put your time in there to figure out the fish. And the depths. But I have had some pretty good days there.

Hi.

So best and easyiest way to get to pond please. Me and my wife are going but she walks with a kane and dont want her to walk for 20 mins or so.

Hope you can help thanks

19 hours ago, theman said:

Hi.

So best and easyiest way to get to pond please. Me and my wife are going but she walks with a kane and dont want her to walk for 20 mins or so.

Hope you can help thanks

St. Johns conservation area would be a nice easy spot for ur wife to walk. Easy access and has benchs. I go there with my 2 girls and my boy who’s in a wheelchair. Nice spot if you haven’t been. May be getting a little thick with the green with all this heat but definitely accessible spot

21 hours ago, theman said:

Hi.

Hope you can help thanks

Check out Google Maps under satellite and you want to find the lower parking area (where the pond is).

2 hours ago, Morwood80 said:

St. Johns conservation area would be a nice easy spot for ur wife to walk. Easy access and has benchs. I go there with my 2 girls and my boy who’s in a wheelchair. Nice spot if you haven’t been. May be getting a little thick with the green with all this heat but definitely accessible spot

I haven't been there for years, but I remember it as a great place to bring young kids........I would always take my 2 boys for the trout opener, when they were little guys...........................

Archived