Places to hunt in WMU 88 / 89

bpin

Hi everyone!

Brand new to hunting and to this forum. I am looking for possible places to hunt in WMU 88 and 89. I've asked a few farmers. Some said no, and one said yes but only for next year as she has enough hunters this year.

I'm hoping to find somewhere for my husband and I to bowhunt deer this fall and then turkey in the spring. We didn't apply for the deer draw so we can only hunt antlered deer. All the additional tags for antlerless deer for bow season sold out quickly. :) 

any advice you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Also, random question but are there many female hunters in Niagara? I only know one other than me :) 

Thanks so much!!

Bronwyn 

Hey bpin welcome aboard  in all honesty a lot of us hunters are looking for the same answers it's tough out there all i can say is keep knocking on doors i don't know any other female hunters but it's nice to see the ladies getting involved good luck to you hope things work out for you and your husband .

Guest brookie slayer

What gunner said... Also.try not to wait till the season starts to start looking for spots....bang on doors in the summer and put in the time...

Thanks guys!! 

Oh believe me, I've been putting in the time I've asked about 60 farms / landowners. Most say "no hunting allowed", some have hunters already and a select few feel the need to absolutely blast and berate you about how wildlife and animals are precious. I just nod and say thank you and go on my way. It's so hypocritical considering they have chickens running around in cages and sell them and their eggs.  ?

Anyway! Thanks for the advice...I will keep asking and looking and if it doesn't work out this year, it is what it is. We are late to the party I guess! 

Thank you!!

Archived