Rabbit and squirrel hunting

295-Assassin

I have a squirrel trap in my yard ....caught at least 25 this year ....50 last year . I'll tell you where I release them and you can  :th_fudd:

:D

They have almost killed my huge red  delicious apple tree gradually over the years by removing the bark from the large limbs . The tree will be cut down this winter and hopefully the squirrels will take a hike !  I have eaten them in the past , been tempted to roast one up but I think I lost my killer instinct ....:dunno:

I haven't hunted rabbit or squirrel in years but when i did i found the best time for hunting rabbit i would walk down R.R tracks on a cold clear calm afternoon and you can see the rabbits sitting in the brush along the tracks.or if there was more than just me we would take turns walking threw the frozen swamps as one of us would block and shoot the rabbits as it ran out we would do the same with brush piles one of us would jump on it as the rabbit ran out we'd shoot them but now days you can still walk the tracks but if this is possible the best way is to get a good beagle they help when there is no snow with a good beagle you can stand in one spot and the dog would run the rabbit right to you if you miss your shot don't move as a rabbit will run in a circle and you could get a second chance at it  but as every thing else in the area i hunt rabbits are few and far between i think hawks owls coyotes and fox have the numbers down so i stopped hunting them Now squirrels that's a different story there every were if you can get into a bush they will be there make sure you have permission there is nothing hard about shooting squirrels i used to go into a bush before light sit by a tree and as it got light out they would be running around and i would shoot my limit or just walk around the bush you should have no problem shooting your limit of squirrels good luck to you 

Archived