Burt Poison

DaveC

crazy communists at it again eh... for those of you that have had the pleasure of enjoying a nature filled peaceful outing at burts dam during the salmon apoclyps my my next question will not surpride you...how do they determin the differnce between this and the people there during business hours with tarpon hooks and downrigging rods....

Burt Dam is a different animal.  Most people who visit there have just accepted the fact that that is whats acceptable at Burt Dam.  wait your turn for a drift? No way, just cast over top 5 people.  Want to fish that hole 2 runs up stream? cast away! jelous that other guy caught another fish? you can hook into it too!  Combat fishing at its best.  It is what is it.  Browns are in there pretty thick right now.  Just for the love of god, do not eat anything that is pulled out of Burt Dam.  :slap:

What a mess. Not only is it unethical to keep that many upper level predators, but I can't even imagine the heath repercussion of eating that many contaminated fish. Might as well live at Love Canal if you're going to eat that much salmon out of Lake Ontario. And I thought the Humber and Bronte were bad.

14 minutes ago, schnipster said:

EGGGG WAGONS...LOL

3 egg wagons, then head home...lol. Those people dont act the way they do from not eating those boots....hahaha. Its now a $1 per person, and a $1 per fish for a ride on the golf cart up the hill....lol. Had a lot of fun and seen some pretty crazy things that people will do to get a good thick black boot for the smoker. Witnessed a guy walking out with a 10lb plus male brown in full colours with a big smile on his face...said ohhhh thats gonna be nice on the smoker...lol. His answer....ohhh yahhh

Ha! I said the same thing about making them eat them. I don't really know where those fish would have wound up, but I never eat the salmon on the cheaper Chinese buffets. I prefer to stick to the  Beef (dog) or Chicken ( pigeon ). Seriously, as the NYSDEC recommends that no fish be eaten from the creek, why not make that one an artificial only, catch  and release section? They have several trib  sections with those rules in place. 

Archived