Banana Belt

smerchly

Working in the yard , mulching up tons of leaves , raking up apples , killing wasps , getting stung by a yellow jacket , weeding out shoots of straw in the strawberry patch , cleaning eaves troughs , picking a few nice juicy bush beef stake tomatoes and a small bowl of big red strawberries (breakie tomorrow)  .  Great to be harvesting produce from the banana belt of Niagara .....

Ever bearing planted this spring.....

0safGitGCvn_7HVhmwhJxV_VnGfeh_XK7f2uy-IV

32 minutes ago, bigugli said:

No killer frost means going out and harvesting peppers and tomatoes in November. Have not had a fall like this for 20 years.

According to the long range forecast on Intellicast , the next 10 days have no frost in sight here in St.Kitts . That's great for my pine apples ......B)

• 2 weeks later...
On 2016-11-06 at 10:14 PM, bigugli said:

No killer frost means going out and harvesting peppers and tomatoes in November. Have not had a fall like this for 20 years.

I cut the grass today , picked a few berries ans collected the rest of the tomatoes for my winter supply . Many are green but will slowly ripen up during the next 2 months . All of the apples are gone ....this huge tree will be firewood and smoker wood for my neighbour this winter .

fMYqgZwm0cdHgnsfiCkI0gtyaCi-tRN1qedNA3Os

.....As I walked back to the house my eyes caught a glimpse of my snowblower .....and my snow sled !    :)

Archived