US Election - NFN Member Thoughts

Snags

Your Thoughts - US Election  

14 members have voted

1. 1. What are the thoughts on the US Election last night?

• Whooohooo
    • Yall dun it now and ####ed up 'merica
    • How bout we trade Trudeau for Trump
    • I Don't Care

I'm down in Illinois right now for work, got to watch things first hand yesterday.

Most people did not like either candidate. Many people either voted Trump or did not vote at all. Only one or two people voted for Hillary, several people who usually voted Democrat switched to Republican because they did not like Hillary. To much dirt came out on Hillary toward the end, people just don't trust her.

Very interested to see how this will affect us. Trump has spoken against things such as NAFTA, which could make it hard for manufacture's to access our biggest market. Is he going to fight to get jobs moved from Canada 'back' to the US from companies such as GM, Ford, and Toyota? What's going to happen with US Steel Canada? Trump campaigned on bringing back jobs and booting the economy (which I think is a great thing), will it benefit Canada as well or will it be a protectionist mentality that will hurt us? 

I think he has the right ideas just a lot gets taken the wrong way and/or blown out of per portion.I do believe we are going to see more Americans get jobs, however I do think this could really affect Canada in a negative way. 

I was sure "Hillary" would win since we and the media called  him "Trump" and her on a more personal basis ...."Hillary "

I thought she had the blacks , Hispanics and the women voters in her back pocket (purse)

It remains to be seen if " Donald" will make America great again ......   a near impossible feat .

5 hours ago, Chrisb said:

The gun owners were afraid she was going to take their guns away.

You don't say:ph34r: , too bad outdoorsmen here don't stand unified against the liberals, divided we all fall.

http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2016/10/26/maxime-bernier-gun-firearms-conservatives_n_12661212.html

With the terrorist activity inside the US by people that were on the national watch list in the incidents like the Boston bombing, and Orlando nightclub shooting and the influx of Syrian refugees is it any wonder Trump won? American vetrans and service men have been ignored for years in favour of illegals and refugees. Trump brings change. Change is clearly wanted and needed in the US. People cannot afford Obamas care and the rising rates that were proposed. Put all this on top of Hillarys lies and its no wonder the people have spoken. I think Trump will surround himself with the right people and make attempts at change...will it work and can he keep the promises remains to be seen....but one thing for sure...is that if a drug addicted mayor can do a better job than a politician than Trump might make a differance.

One thing was made absolutely clear during the last year - the media is absolutely biased.

Glad Trump won, but cautiously optimistic - 90% of Congress - both Rep and Dem all work for the same side, so Trump will have an uphill battle every single day trying to get things done.

Time will tell.

And yes - Trade Trudeau for Trump.   I hear Kevin O'Leary might be running for leader of the Conservative Party.   That would be great, but the media will crucify him.

Can't wait for Carbon Taxes next year - hate to say I told you so but......

Just had a bye election here, PC's had a majourity of the popular vote, Liberals were reduce to just 15% of the popular vote, the dippers even beat them with 25%. The other bye election in a largely French riding in Ottawa, the Liberals won but what do you expect ? lots of little Liberal piggies up there feeding at the government trough, don't want the gravy train to come to a stop. We need an electoral system like the US here , so a couple of majour urban centres like Trawna and Ottawa with postage stamp sized ridings can't ride roughshod over the rest of the province's wishes. Time to make Ontario great again.

Archived