Kennel cough

gunner-2

Man has it been a bad Nov we have a Kennel cough out break in town and it's has been kicking my dogs butt and mine tacking care of my dogs

it started with my female lab and now with my male up all night with him people taking there dogs for a walk that have this and they say you shouldn't it's just like people sending there kids to school sick Kennel cough is very contagious it just takes one dog out there and it's all over town my dog gets coughing so bad it's like he has something stuck in his throat has any one else dealt with Kennel cough with there dogs

One of the reasons we don't take our dogs for walks on the streets/sidewalks .... I see dogs crapping & peeing on every lawn then other dogs planting their noses in it , even after the doggie bags were used .  It would be easy to spread disease this way . My back yard is about 4000 sq.ft. ....plenty of room for our small dog to tear around the yard at a faster speed than I could run so they get plenty of exercise .....never had a case of kennel cough , but did have a case of the deadly parvo when I took my staffy for walks in a field along old railway tracks in the city .He survived .

I hope your dogs recover quickly Gunner ....as in this article , kennel cough not a very serious sickness .

http://pets.webmd.com/dogs/kennel-cough-in-dogs

Archived