Sign in to follow this  
theoutdoorguy

turkey hunting

id like to get in to turkey hunting but I see that there might be changes in the course

id like to know weather anyone has heard any news weather they are keeping the course the way it is or in granting it in to the hunting course

I heard they are changing it so you don't have to take the course anymore. I am just waiting until the new 2017 regs come out to see. If they don't then I will take the turkey course before the season opens. 

1 hour ago, theoutdoorguy said:

thanks for letting me now

where do you pick up a turkey tag?

Canadian tire, bass pro, probably Erie tracker. Where ever you get your hunting license or your fishing license

The old turkey course and exam are a thing of the past now!.

Now, we will be doing a section in our Hunter Ed courses covering the relevant turkey info for new turkey hunters, and they can get a turkey licence as soon as they pass the Hunter Ed exam.

Anyone who has an existing outdoor card is now grandfathered to be able to buy a turkey licence! - no course/exam needed

In the fall now, there will be a 1-month archery only season for the month of October in any WMU that has a fall gun season, in addition to the fall gun hunt.

Archery deer hunters may want to buy a turkey tag while out deer hunting in October.