Short Hills hunt

Slevin

Does any body have the total numbers of deer taken in the 3 weekends?? I know the first weekend was @ 26. I asked 2 C Os ,they would talk any thing and everything but not a word on the harvest!!!!!!

No i don't know how many where taken but it's my guess they won't talk about it because they sold all these tags knowing the deer pop is way down

but like any business they had to make money my brother-in-laws gang of 12 guys shot 2 deer never seen another deer all week this madness has to stop

i bow hunt only and always got a deer. In the last 3 years i never even seen a deer this year i never gave a cent for a tag i didn't hunt at all this year my buddy hunted

the same property as me and never seen a deer there this year just a few tracks can't eat them in the end we all will lose just my saying whats on my mind and i talk to a lot of hunters and are saying the same thing 

They had 100  hunters go in there this year . The number had gone from 30 for the first hunt which was considered the safety "threshold" number . They say the herd needs to be thinned out a tad.......Maybe next year they will be lucky to get 3 deer ......

.......I don't know if they wear bright colours in there or camo .....?

.......also ,  there are many coyotes in the area that may be taking many fawns .....?

A friend of mine hunts properties adjacent to the short hills. He says there is no shortage of big deer in there right now even with the hunts that have been happening every year there. I do agree that 100 hunters may be a little right for safety in there though. 

Last time I hiked there I saw a herd of about 40 deer cross in front of me.  That was after several other sightings of 2-5 deer at a time.  There's no shortage of deer there.

As far as safety concerns go, aren't they only bow hunting? 

Also, I'm pretty sure they don't have to buy tags with them being native and all... I could be wrong on that though.

41 minutes ago, psilokan said:

Last time I hiked there I saw a herd of about 40 deer cross in front of me.  That was after several other sightings of 2-5 deer at a time.  There's no shortage of deer there.

As far as safety concerns go, aren't they only bow hunting? 

Also, I'm pretty sure they don't have to buy tags with them being native and all... I could be wrong on that though.

Ya they dont need tags being native and it's bow hunting just to clear my comment above when i started to post i forgot that this post was about short hills there is a lot of deer there my buddies friend is native and hunts there he got 4 bucks out of there this year well 3 he lost one and found it two days later the yotes had it almost gone 

Archived