Phones

smerchly

My wife picked up the usual $25 card for my ancient flip phone & for the first time it didn't register . Back to Wallymart & they couldn't do anything ....called Virgin & notta also ....out $25 . Looking to buy new phone ....not sure what to get .  All I want is to be able to call out & receive a call .....period . No texting needed .....just going the cheapest way to have a phone . A few minor health problems happened this past month so a phone is needed in case I need to call 911 , etc. I also hope to keep my old number , but no big deal if I can't .  Any suggestions ?  

Mr. Smerch, your best bet is -seven eleven speakout. Currently the flip phone is $29.99. I paid $65.00 last year. Pay as you go and the time you buy is good for a full year. You won't find a better deal anywhere.

Didn't we have this conversation before.....:D

Yep , I remember Dan , it looks like an even better deal now  !  My wife checked out a similar deal at Walmart , but not as cheap as this one !  I had over 200 minutes of time accumulated on my phone because I seldom used it ......all gone now because the new card did not work . I'll have to check that out Dan . Thanks .

16 hours ago, Chrisb said:

I believe any charged cell phone will call 911. It doesn't need to be active on an account.

This is correct. It is a CRTC requirement that all cell phones have the ability to dial 911 regardless of whether the phone is provisioned or not. 

Thanks gentlemen .  I picked up the Alcatel  A392 at the 7-11 today .....total cost taxes in with  sim card was $158 .  Just a flip phone but has many capabilities that I'll never use .  Good for one year or 100 min.plus a bonus 25 min . Hoping to be :blahblah1:  after the 3 hr. initial battery  charge . 

Archived