Late Season Goose

295-Assassin

Duck hunt has been not to good this year for a lot of guys every thing was late this year birds took there time migrating started to show up at the end of the season the geese had changed there normal patterns were we hunt they would sit in no hunting areas and go to another no hunting area can't blame them lol January hunt was a bust as we hunt the grand river for them was frozen but not enough to walk on didnt find any fields to hunt over all a strange season Now i don't know how many guys no this but they are trying to put a stop to hunting baited areas flooded corn fields baited ponds on and on this is not right just have to see what happens as feeding spots not only provide hunting but it provides habitat for waterfowl                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                     https://www.oodmag.com/news/20463/ good luck to all getting out

• 2 weeks later...

Well we made it out yesterday, half the group with 3/4 of the decoys decided to sleep int due to rain. A few of us toughed it out but only managed one bird. Around 10:00 the other guys showed up and we adjusted the spread however didn't do us any good. All the birds were flying high and just couldn't entice them in. I don't think the wind helped any and was constantly blowing over decoys. It was still a fun day and only took an hour to dry/warm up once I got home! 

Archived