Hydro Reservoir

smerchly

I did a post last year about the drained reservoir in Niag.Falls and found they have been refirbing it by using liners to the tune of $ 60 million.

Too bad we can't fish there as I have years ago .   It is now complete & ready to use ......

http://www.stcatharinesstandard.ca/2017/02/15/reservoir-upgrade-complete

Also nice to see that Rankin completed the job 2 months early as they also did with the Lake Gibson bridge ...and under budget !

.....unlike the extra tens of millions over budget with the Burgoyne bridge over the 12 Mile Cr. !! And STILL using one lane !!!! grrrrrrrr   ....

Ya Bubs .....we used to sneak in there and there were plenty of bass , perch and I heard some big a$$ carp !    :D

I remember fishing in there a few times back in the 80's too but don't recall catching much. There were allot more productive spots we could sneak into back then. Lots of fishing adventures as kids back in the day, lots of story's too, surprising that most of us lived to tell them!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Someone was telling me they pulled out some Asian carp from there when they drained it ... I think the ministry was observing as it was drained.

However the fact it failed to make any local headlines ... would leave me to believe it was grass carp and they were sterile.

9 hours ago, Snags said:

Someone was telling me they pulled out some Asian carp from there when they drained it ... I think the ministry was observing as it was drained.

However the fact it failed to make any local headlines ... would leave me to believe it was grass carp and they were sterile.

Hopefully that is true . If they were the silver carp I'd say they were planted for someone's use for a BIG aquarium .....:unsure:

...and we should be informed .....

Archived