Take'em Off ?

smerchly

The weather guy said be careful tomorrow morning ...may be some freezing rain early in the a.m. ....Want to take my snow tires off as soon as it WARMS UP ...like this weekend ?? 

Oh yes ....don't forget to turn off your lights tonight  !   My solar lights won't go out !  Gave my tree a big hug ! ...  turned off the computer ....:rolleyes:

I get a 5% reduction on the car insurance with snow tires ......if taken off too early & have an accident when roads have iced up , they may try to wiggle out of paying up . But , being retired , we need not drive when roads are iffy .  Drifter ....are you still ice fishing ?   :Gonefishing:

Could not get the tires off today ....studs way to tight . Need to take the car into the shop !   :unsure:

.....and they're off !!   Took the car to Rectangle to switch tires . I was under the impression that they change the tires free as a customer service , but they charge $20  each time .  The young guy worked his butt off changing the tight studs & torquing the nuts , etc.......gave him $5 for his next coffee break .    Next time  I'll save some time & gas & go to C.T. .....got into big traffic jam on Lakeshore Rd. ....an extra 20 minutes to get home.   

.....oh, yes ....about fishing .....saw a nice carp pulled out of one of my "old" spots today ....time to give'r a go !    :Gonefishing:

2 hours ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

Hopefully the studs were cleaned and greased and properly torqued. 

I believe studs are not greased or oiled because they can slip off more easily . The torque was set at 100 lbs. I bought a large torque wrench last year & will check the studs after 100km.  I  think they are well over that now . 

Strong believer in anti-seize lubricant. I use it not only on my vehicles but boat and atv trailers, atv, snowblower, any thing with studs and wheels.

So many conflicting opinions on this .....Most sites I Googled are very opposed to lubing the studs and more so on the hub surface ....

It's a personal decision ....check out the 3 comments on this site as well ....

http://www.tirereview.com/its-really-all-about-lug-nuts/

Archived