turkey

gunner-2

53 minutes ago, mooseslayer said:

Only out for an hour but not a peep out there. Started to rain so I packed up and went to work.

Same here.  Heard some shots on the other side of the bush though.

It was hard for me to hear anything in the blind with the rain coming down. Probably didn't help me out that I had a deer blowing at least 20 times from 40 yards away at 5:55am.  It wouldn't leave. Just kept standing there snorting and telling me that my hunt was over before it began. 

I took my buddy out this morning this was his first time hunting turkey it started to rain but very soft so we decided stick it out and we would leave if it started to rain hard 5:30 came had 2 birds gabble .Told my buddy it's all up to him if they came in i'm not going to shoot by 6:30 he had shot his first turkey 17 lb Jake his face says it all that's what it's all about

don't know why the pic is dark my cam is crap 

43400131 (1).JPG

Now it's my turn i hope there is still a Jake there but i will leave him for last resort

Way to go! That's a good size Jake. Hopefully you'll tag out yourself soon!

I was all set up, turkeys responding from behind me and then I get a call from the kids that one of my daughters wasn't feeling well and wasn't going to school. The call spooked the birds as they went silent, so packed in in and was home by 8:30. Not a good omen for my season! ARGH!

8 minutes ago, Surf and Turf said:

Way to go! That's a good size Jake. Hopefully you'll tag out yourself soon!

I was all set up, turkeys responding from behind me and then I get a call from the kids that one of my daughters wasn't feeling well and wasn't going to school. The call spooked the birds as they went silent, so packed in in and was home by 8:30. Not a good omen for my season! ARGH!

I had days like that i was deer hunting forgot to turn my phone off it was so quiet you could here a mouse run in the bush the the phone rang the wife needs milk on my way home MAN REALLY now i leave it home if i can keep at it i will happen 

Archived