1st bird April 27

genec

Got my first bird of the season yesterday.

Not a bid bird - 19.08 Lbs, but a start.

Beard 10 1/8 :, and short spurs - 13/16 & 15/16"

3 1/2" Longbrard #6 worked like a charm, again!

Can't add my photos, because even "dummed" down to their lowest level, the system is telling me my file size is too big!

Congrats Genec ......nice bird ( from your verbal description) . It will look lovely in the roaster ....and I know how great eating they are ! :wub:

Actually Smerchley, it isn't destined for any roasting pan!

My wife isn't overly keen on wild turkey, but I made turkey jerky out of my bird from last year, and both my grandson and I love it, so that's where this one is headed as well!

And yean Gunner, I bought a 2nd tag right away, but want to get the grandson out first to try and fill his tag.

2 hours ago, genec said:

Actually Smerchley, it isn't destined for any roasting pan!

My wife isn't overly keen on wild turkey, but I made turkey jerky out of my bird from last year, and both my grandson and I love it, so that's where this one is headed as well!

And yean Gunner, I bought a 2nd tag right away, but want to get the grandson out first to try and fill his tag.

I can't wait till i can take my grandson hunting with me too young yet good luck genec

After a week of being sick with a cold and this darn rain i had a small window to get out this morning.Shot this 21lb had him down by 6:30 just the way i like it FAST not sure

if i will get my second tag or not it's nice to be tick and mosquito free but would like to get a bigger one not that i'm unhappy with this one any bird is a job well done

had to start introducing my grandson to the hunting life

43400143.JPG

Congrats gunner! Great looking bird, kinda disappointed that the little guy doesn't have camo on yet though. Ha! 

12 minutes ago, Surf and Turf said:

Congrats gunner! Great looking bird, kinda disappointed that the little guy doesn't have camo on yet though. Ha! 

LOL he has camo and my daughter always pack them but of all times she didn't pack them 

Archived