turkey

Hopefully I'll be able to get out at least once more before the season ends. I'm ashamed to say that I might have to get one of those Honey Ball turkeys I've heard rumours of. Reminds me an the episode of the Waltons where Grandpa Walton didn't get his turkey for thanksgiving so he bought one from a farmer  and tried passing it off as a wild bird.  Grandma Walton was grilling him because it didn't have any shot wounds on it. She just couldn't leave it alone! 

Guest brookie slayer

Haven't been out gunner...last 3 years never fired a shot...but from what I've been hearing theres lots of birds in the area I hunt..figures.

1 hour ago, Surf and Turf said:

Hopefully I'll be able to get out at least once more before the season ends. I'm ashamed to say that I might have to get one of those Honey Ball turkeys I've heard rumours of. Reminds me an the episode of the Waltons where Grandpa Walton didn't get his turkey for thanksgiving so he bought one from a farmer  and tried passing it off as a wild bird.  Grandma Walton was grilling him because it didn't have any shot wounds on it. She just couldn't leave it alone! 

LOL i remember that episode i can still see Grandma Walton's face:nea:poor Grandpa :dunno: Hope you get out

1 hour ago, brookie slayer said:

Haven't been out gunner...last 3 years never fired a shot...but from what I've been hearing theres lots of birds in the area I hunt..figures.

To much of living up your name slaying brookies lol  that would be just as fun though if you dont get out in the spring you can always get one in the fall

I'm heading out early tomorrow. Have been too busy lately only been out once this season so far. Hopefully get out one more time after tomorrow before the season closes

Still trying to get my grandson his bird before I fill my second tag.

We sat 3 hours yesterday in my buddy's bush where he's been hearing gobblers every morning, but saw nothing!

Got to try & get him out 1 evening this week.

Go get him i did one hunt a few years ago in the evening i had set up around 50 yards from his roost i hunted that same bird in the morning and was able to pin point his roost

he came in but i never got the shot but i was able to watch him fly up on his roost even if i didn't get him it was cool just to watch him i waited until dark to move out i could have took him from the roost but that's not me so i gave him 2 days then sat up in the bush 100 yard away from him and just sat there that's one nice thing about the leaves on the tree

he didn't see me but i couldn't see him but as shooting time came around i didn't have a decoy i just gave a few soft yelps then just sat there as he came out of the tree he walked right to me and game over good luck genec can't wait till my grandson is old enough to go with me

I got out with my buddy Eric once for the first time on the weekend (just got my license). It was a great day, I did see one bird (likely a hen) and we heard 2 gobbling in the morning. Wish I could have gotten out more, but will in the fall. I don't have many options down here in Niagara so have to rely on friends taking me to other friends properties for now. I'll have fun shooting my bow all summer getting ready for fall though. Here's a pic of the day, and some decoys...

z0v8w58.jpg

On 2017-05-19 at 6:08 PM, gunner-2 said:

Good luck kgm lets hope the turkey gods are on your side

Not this season. Still a beautiful way to spend your time even without getting a turkey

9 hours ago, kgm said:

Not this season. Still a beautiful way to spend your time even without getting a turkey

Your right about that just being out there is what it's all about getting a turkey is just a bonus 

Archived