Port D small report

fishfight

I tried to fish at Port D for an hour yesterday, after I came back from the US border for the day to pick up some stuff I bought on line. I also went to Buffalo Zoo during the time I was there, since I had groupon coupon costing $13 for two people. The zoo was disappointing, 1/3 of the animals were kept inside cages due to some renovation going on. While those animals that were out, just look overweight lazy and board to death.  

I Fish from 7-8pm time slot. It was a calm 10km wind day. But weather started to change, I could hear thunder, dark clouds and rain coming towards Port D. So I cut my fishing time, to go pick up my wife, waiting at the local starbucks. 

Water level close to the boat launch area were almost parallel to the shoreline. While the legion area that used to be fishable  were  fenced up. 

I saw three anglers caught their share of rock bass using shrimp as bait, letting their bait sit at the bottom. The  Fish looks pale initially after being caught, then the rock bass body change to the regular normal darker black color as soon at it reached the atmospheric temp.

I also witness brown trout and other fish surfacing prob once every 10 minutes, even close to shore at times. It is actually harder to control lure action for my lure to reach the bottom, but not impossible, after catching few zebra muzzle . I tried heavy spoon, and 3/8 oz jig on swimbait.

I saw and spoke to Ben, the vietnamese angler who normally fished there all the time, He said fishing was tough this year. Being there for 28 years, he has not seen the water level came up ever that high. 

I believe it's "Bin" ,also called Bing that you mentioned .....Great guy , outstanding fisherman !  I'll have to take a trip to Port & look for him .....hope nothing serious with his arm . The silvers may be biting now .....if I can find a spot to cast a line ....

Thanks for the info fishfight  , it looks like it may be a long wait before the fence comes down ....( an omen for the garbage tossers )  ??  :mellow:

Archived