Niagara River Underwater

Jim K

Yes sir, another video of fish doing what they do in the river.  This one is from my new GoPro 5, which has image stabilization, a really nice feature when you're trying to film in heavy currents.. If you have any questions, i will try to answer them .Enjoy !

A sturgeon can live as long as a human. Maybe longer. Thanks for releasing him quickly.

11 hours ago, kevin said:

Nice to see old crooked neck still alive and well. I caught (and quickly released) that fish a few hundred metres up river of the train bridge back about 7 years ago. 

9 hours ago, Mike Pike said:

Wow, what vid!  Nice job Jim.  Amazing to see the walleye and muskie, and was that a sturgeon as well?

Nice job on the music selection too.  It really enhanced the over-all mood of your vid.

thank you, and everyone who posted. There are 2 different sturgeon, the crooked one would be  about 4 1/2 or so, with  chiropractic help, and the other one is over 6ft.

If you make you tube videos, there is a lot of good background music people make available for free. You can click on the You Tube creator studio and download it. You don't even have to use their editing program. 

Just thinking back to when I first started out with this. I had a Hi 8 mm camera and an Ikelite enclosure that was as big as a breadbox. It was 4x as expensive as a current GoPro . Editing was done on a VCR, and if I wanted music, I lost a little more quality because I had to copy my edited cut while playing music into my second VCR with patch cords from the stereo. There was no You Tube at that point. So much better and easier today.

Archived