Overnight on the Canal?

Jmo1685

Hey Everyone,

haven't been posting recently, just moved up to Keswick and have been extremely busy with the new house and everything. 

As the title states, I am curious to know about wether fishing overnight on the Rec Canal is allowed?

My schedule for this weekend is a little wacky, so overnight would be my only chance to fish.(coming to Niagara for the weekend). I couldn't find any information online about it, and I have a feeling that the City is going to take along time to get back to me about it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks Gil,

however I'm a shore fisherman. So will be fishing from shore. I just dunno where the City starts considering fishing as "camping" I'll have a small shelter up to keep out of the elements. Hence my question. Don't want a bylaw officer kicking me off the bank at 3am

Look for signage ... I know in St Catharines all parks are signed they close at dusk, but the only time that is ever enforced is if the police are called.  Welland might be different though.

5 minutes ago, Snags said:

Look for signage ... I know in St Catharines all parks are signed they close at dusk, but the only time that is ever enforced is if the police are called.  Welland might be different though.

There is NO signage at this spot saying anything about the canal bankside being closed or not having anyone there after certain hours, so to me that means I have the green light. 

That being said, i will be keeping quiet and to myself. No loud noises or fires or anything. Just me fishing the night away. 

53 minutes ago, Jmo1685 said:

There is NO signage at this spot saying anything about the canal bankside being closed or not having anyone there after certain hours, so to me that means I have the green light. 

That being said, i will be keeping quiet and to myself. No loud noises or fires or anything. Just me fishing the night away. 

Years ago a few of the members had a night fish on the Welland river ... NRP came down and was more concerned if there was any beer, seeing none it was a "have fun, but be aware this park is closed"

1 hour ago, Snags said:

Years ago a few of the members had a night fish on the Welland river ... NRP came down and was more concerned if there was any beer, seeing none it was a "have fun, but be aware this park is closed"

Perfect. Just the answer I was hoping for. I don't drink, so no issues there. I'll report back after the weekend and let everyone know how I made out

Archived