Petro

smerchly

Looking at the local Gas Buddy today I see prices have  gone up a tad .....2 days ago it was 1.04 ....it's now up to 1.24.9  :o

Filling my 80 L. tank if empty, would cost  about  $16 more .  Anyone going on a fishing trip ?.....:unsure: 

Good thing I only fish local these days ......:Gonefishing:

2 hours ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

Gas prices don't affect me as I only ever put in $30 a week. :P:D

I average about $60 per month on my old 97 Astro van......of course ,with the "Harley Davidson" stickers on it , I would expect great mileage .....:rolleyes:

.....and it's a "shaggin'wagon"   :wub:

14 hours ago, Tyler0420 said:

Wow $60 a month.  I think I'm around the $400 mark. 

Tyler ......it takes me 6 minutes to reach Gibby from my house & about 14 minutes to Port or Jordan . My van is mostly a fishmobile and we use the 4 banger G6 for shopping ,etc. both vehicles get filled about once a month......the perks of being retired .....B)

.....but some trips are doc appointments.....:unsure:

Gales at Pleasant-Ontario is $1.40  today . Oil is at $46 per barrel ......what would gas cost us if oil was returned to $120 per barrel ?

Add in the new Wynnie Tax and we would be well over $2 bucks ....or $9 per gallon ......might be cheaper to burn vodka.....:huh:

or head to Smokin' Joes ....

2 hours ago, I'm_A_Drifter said:

Just be sure to be filling your vehicle with the recommended fuel as per owner's manual.

Premium gas at Petro Can is $1.52.9 ....:o

Not long ago the spread between low & high grade gas was only 10 cents . I doubt it costs that much more to produce .....but volume may play a part in the higher cost .

But hey ....big muscles need lots of "protein"   :)

On 2017-09-03 at 6:02 PM, I'm_A_Drifter said:

If your car NEEDS it (high compression, supercharged, turbocharged), then that is what you should use. Putting in 87 is ok for temporary/emergency, but power delivery will greatly decline and possibly create problems if pushed. Mine needs it, but more importantly mine also does best on non-ethanol contained fuel, like 

Shell V-Power and Esso 91.

I remember putting 94 in my car. Not fun paying for it but fun driving it. 2L turbo all wheel drive doesn't get any better hahahah. 

42 minutes ago, kgm said:

We just bought a van that runs on propane. $.65 a litre. I'm loving it right now. 

What is the mileage on propane ?  Hasn't the price gone up on it also ? I see those little one lb. bottles have gone up about 10% lately .

Where is the tank located on the van ?  I have the Astro van with the 4.3   V6  ....peppy little van & seems good on gas (never check it )

BTW .....I'm replacing the carpet & under pad in the van .....got a quote of $600 installed . Seems a little rich for a 5' x 8' rug.....

11 hours ago, smerchly said:

What is the mileage on propane ?  Hasn't the price gone up on it also ? I see those little one lb. bottles have gone up about 10% lately .

Where is the tank located on the van ?  I have the Astro van with the 4.3   V6  ....peppy little van & seems good on gas (never check it )

BTW .....I'm replacing the carpet & under pad in the van .....got a quote of $600 installed . Seems a little rich for a 5' x 8' rug.....

The mileage is a little less than gas, but the price more than makes up for it. It's $65 to fill and I get 400km city driving for an extended Chevy express passenger van. We had the same trucks at work and was around $130 to fill and we would get about 500km. The tanks are mounted under the rear end where the spare tire would go. It's a dual fuel so can run on gas as well. 

Archived