Perching Day !

smerchly

Armed with small emeralds & my finest 9' ultra light rod & slip floats , I gave up 4 hrs. of my life to fetch me a perch dinner .....but alas .....they went to the outhouse !  I tried a few spots and one brave gill took my bait !  I talked to a few others and they had some luck catching a few gobies !  I did much better last week in the midst of a sunny hot day !  I have read other reports of a no fish day today . I did see a lot of tiny minnows breaking water ....and for some reason I found a good dozen of my minnows died in my tank last night ....haven't lost one all week !  Something is going on here .....:ph34r:  Is it the sudden drop in temperature ? Wind change ? Pressure rising ? All three ? ....or me ? <_<

Anyone fishing Erie today ?  Same scene or were they biting there ? 

Was out yesterday for walleye and managed my limit in about 4 hours in that brutal heat. South of the weather buoy out of PC in 80FOW right on the bottom. Was gonna try for perch later but the whitecaps were rolling in and the sky was darkening so I figured it was time to call it a day. Last week I had very good luck with perch straight out from Abino in 65FOW. The schools were very small and constantly moving so you had to keep a close eye on your electronics and move with them. No sense fishing where there is no fish. I also just realized that in all my trips on Erie this season, I don't think I caught a single goby. With moose and deer season fast approaching and since I store my boat up north, I think it might be time to winterize and haul it up there by Thanksgiving although it will be very hard to leave this fishing behind. I guess I can't complain, I was lucky this year and enjoyed a very successful season.  For those of you still going, be safe on the water and in the bush.

We did well on Sunday straight out Pt Abino 60 FOW, the pack of boats were scattered in our area. Hoping to get out this coming Sunday weather (waves) permitting for perch again..  It has been a great September for pickerel and perch for us, hope it's been great to all too.

Thanks for the replies guys ....it seems the fast drop in temperature and the rising air pressure has some effect on the fish . I saw many minnows breaking water yesterday but no bites on mine !  lol

I have to wonder if this change in weather has killed off a couple dozen of my tank minnows , so I decided to give the rest a nice salt bath , and clean out the tank ,and refill it . The water from the hose is warm !  I'll let it stand for a couple days before looking for fresh minnows . I also add the air stone now which I think help dissipate the chlorine  in tap water .  May give the carp another go tomorrow ..... Good fishing guys !

Archived