Sharoomin Time ...

smerchly

Went out looking for shrooms today....perfect conditions , same time last year , but nary a shroom to be had at my usual spots .But I did find some nice fat ones ....at Big Reds !  Came home with a nice eye of the round roast , ham kielbasa , rye bread & veggies . They have the 11lb box of their own smoked bacon on for $35 ....real nice bacon good price !  Use some to wrap chunks of pike on the bbq (fishing related)  ;)

Anyone see any shrooms lately ? Maybe I'm too early , or too late , but I hope to get some of those 4" wide beauties again .

• 5 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, corsara said:

Totally confused.  I don't get it.  lol

The "shrooms" finally popped up after a cool spell .  ....thought it was a lost cause this year !  Lots in the freezer now !

Great for steaks or soups .....

fHwW5wa8nJhMNXVZu8EUjKwC7qAbRs2hlqeIZZna

2 hours ago, fredfisher said:

THOSE ARE HUGE!

There were some older ones much larger Fred but when the gills turn from pink to brown they are no good

Field mushrooms like these are very tasty , more flavor than the store bought ones.

For a side dish I fry up some green/red peppers , tomatoes & mushrooms ....nice over a steak as well .

...this "fairy ring" had larger shrooms ......had to toss some out ...got there too late

3HyxWInsWBgMKbv4zKC2sheEm5bAJijyRJSF05G0

Archived