From shore niagara region spots

Jgsballin

Was looking to go get some perch wanted to see if anyone has some good spots or any advice on fishing from shore to catch perch or pike in niagara region. I go up north and fish in lake of bays every year and I enjoy the bobber and large minow and enjoy the outdoors. Have not caught a lot of perch around here or enough to have a dinner. Lol any advice is good advice 

thank you

You are probably not going to get much of a response asking for specific spots.

Areas you might want to give a try to as they have historically had perch and pike ...

• Welland - Recreational Canal
  • St. Catharines - Martindale Pond
  • Jordan Harbor
  • Thorold - Lake Gibson

However do your research as some of the waters are fairly polluted, but it boils down to personal choice.  I would love to post exact spot details ... but that does not go over well on the board and I like my pike as well

There is a LOT of  water bodies in zone 16  where there was access to many places to fish . A fellow was asking me why the Niagara area has so much water  ( Jordan Harbour,  Martindale ponds, 12 Mile Cr. , L.Gibson , Welland Ship Canal , Old canal system , Welland R. Grand R. ) and very little access. Most of my old spots are now over grown brush & trees or posted ! . He remarked there are no spots to take his family to fish from shore where a wash room was available . We are very lax in that department , unlike the Americans who have many clean parks, etc .

In zone 20 , we had some spots to bring a chair & fish from the piers at Port Dal. ,but that is gone too . It seems you must have a boat to access the very few spots available today. Fishing is a huge industry that brings in lots of tax money ,but the governments do very little to encourage families from enjoying the waterways that we have at our doorstep ......but there's more $$$ for them in boats & gear.....

....and then there's garbage to clean up.........:glare:

Archived