Sign in to follow this  
smerchly

Bison Revenge

There's always a story to be told with every hunting trip ...I have many myself .

I never realized how large a bison can grow ......This story is surely one for the books  and the man is lucky to be able to tell what happened !

What a beast !

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/i-deserved-it-yukon-hunter-becomes-the-hunted-1.3671809

Edited by smerchly
learning to spel

That's crazy. I never realized that they got that big either.

I'm sure he'll get good mileage out of that story. Sounds like he learned a lesson the hard way.

Sounds like it to me or that bison just had so much fat and muscle that the shot never got to the vitals at a long shot but lucky for him it did the job at close range

Seeing that Indians used to take them out with stone tipped arrows I would think that a 338 anything would be more than enough. Sounds to me like it was just a bad shot?

I thought about that after i had posted it might have been a bad shot thats why you should always have your gun zeroed in especially hunting a dangers animal like that

11 hours ago, WalleyeChaser said:

I thought buck fever was b.s...... man was i wrong.. Lol 

OH YES buck fever is no b.s i don't get it know but there was a time 

9 minutes ago, gunner-2 said:

OH YES buck fever is no b.s i don't get it know but there was a time 

I have killed 7 moose in my many years of hunting . The last one was no different than the first .....heart pumping madly waiting for that side shot and hoping for a clean quick kill . I shook more AFTER the shot  fortunately ! 

My biggest fear was having the gun jam ....always needed to make sure to used the full length of my 30:06 Rem. pump to clear the first cartridge ....