Niagara River, water level changing so often...

corsara

3 hours ago, Splakin said:

Ya that's so crazy knowing where the water should be this time of year. I took a buddy down 2 years ago Nov and the water was the same as this pic. I couldn't believe it.  2 weeks ago I stopped by had a look in the pool from the aero car and it was the same too. My question is? Is it like this every day now? I've never been a wader guy on the Niagara but with that, you need to get outta of the trees lol. Hard to tell in the dark if you'll need them or not. 

The water level seemed that way from now on, high during dawn, then slowly recedes to lowest level closer to noon. There are two links I posted earlier on this thread regarding past water level discharge rate coming off the mouth of the upper river. They all seemed to point the same pattern.   

On 11/23/2017 at 6:24 PM, toaster said:

it is because of all the green energy projects the liberals have going on.  the power plants do not need to draw as much water.  lots of information out there.  they have screwed up more than our water levels.

OR..................The city just wanted to motivate the early riser tourist at Niagara Falls, those who are willing to show up at 7am in the morning,  when water level flow at the falls still strong and impressive..............so these tourist can get an exclusive selfie picture to be posted on Instagram............just to avoid the others photobombing them. 

Archived