Etiquette

corsara

I know I've been posting a lot lately, but I'm into this new float fishing thing now, and I'm trying to learn as much as possible before I head out to the water.  

Somebody please teach me the proper etiquette when drifting a float, especially if it's crowded.  Obviously, when somebody relatively close by upstream yells "fish on", I know to remove my line from the water.  But how about drifting a float---how far do you let it drift:  up to the next person, or past him, or how?  Also, if somebody, who is upstream, and his float passes me by, can I still cast over his line, or that's considered rude, and I should just wait in hopes that they retrieve their line?

Usually the guy down river cast first and let it drift until you feel it's far enough also you can for sure cast over another's line as long as you don't touch his line keep your rod up and fish on. But use common sense and not every pinner is decent enough and can cast and retrieve well.  See how they cast and how they fish then make a decision on where to drift and how to drift.   Or just cast and don't give two $h!t $ lol.

2 hours ago, Centre_Pin_Assasin said:

Usually the guy down river cast first and let it drift until you feel it's far enough also you can for sure cast over another's line as long as you don't touch his line keep your rod up and fish on. But use common sense and not every pinner is decent enough and can cast and retrieve well.  See how they cast and how they fish then make a decision on where to drift and how to drift.   Or just cast and don't give two $h!t $ lol.

Thanks.  Last sentence gave me the giggles, lol

Sometimes , friends and I have fished 10ft apart no problem, as long as like mentioned the guy below you casts first and you all drift together and retrieve together then repeat. Some people cant fish tight quarters but with like minded people its pretty simple. I never chase a fish either, a little respect when someone is fighting a fish removing your line and alls good. Now throw a fly guy into a mix of pinners....and its an ass kicking in the making...lol. I give fly guys the space they need...but if they think they are going to invade my drift, its going to be tangle city til they say uncle.lol

Archived