Meetings in 4 different location some might be interested in: FMZ 16

spinnerbaitking

Help plan the future of fisheries in Southwestern Ontario! The MNRF is holding 4 public listening sessions to gain input on the future planning of Fisheries Management Zone (FMZ) 16.

Dates:
Nov 28 – Alliston, ON
Nov 30 – Walkerton, ON
Dec 5th – London, ON
Dec 7th – Burlington, ON

https://www.ontario.ca/page/fisheries-management-zone-16-fmz-16

• 3 months later...

I have a problem with these meetings. The MNR listens to nobody and has its own ideas. When groups like the credit river anglers association cant get the message across we are all left at the hands of the MNR with no say in any decisions made regardless of what you might think. Ive seen so many of this style of meetings go on deaf ears. If only all of the licensing fees went into fishing and to hire more conservation officers to monitor things and ticket infractions of the regulations. Groups have tried many many many times to have the MNR revise regulations and make adjustments where needed and it all falls on deaf ears. Personally, I'm so tired of these dog and pony shows...what people need to do, is not go to give them the message that we don't agree with their crappy decisions regarding our resources.

Thank you DaveC for posting this ,Sadly I agree with you DaveC, the MNR  Does NOT listen to the guy's(fisherman/conservation guy's) that actually give a crap that are giving them real honest feedback,  everything you say in your post is 100% true, a few week's ago I was @ Queenston fishing , two officers came down and did NOT ask 3 guy's ( myself included )for our fishing license and I was kind of appalled with that, what's up with that !!! and when the smelt fishing is going on there the CO's are never around , there are guy's there selling smelt by the thousand's to restaurant's from the GTA without commercial license,  there is never enough CO officer's ever to make a difference , poacher's will poach because they know they have a good chance to get away with it, (same with deer)

I attended the meeting in Burlington. The OFAH and other stakeholder groups have long been pressuring the MNR to intstitute FMZ advisory boards filled by stakeholders. One already exists for Zone 20.  These were just the start of the process to form an advisory board for FMZ 16. There were no proposals, suggested changes to regs or policy shifts. This was an input session for the stakeholder groups to put on the table their various priorities. Sadly it will probably take a couple of years before anything concrete is put together. Or a change of government might scrap the whole process.

Archived