Gas Line Antifreeze

smerchly

I used to add the little bottles to a tank of gas , but after checking a few google sites , most are saying we don't need it now because there is ethanol in the gas that eats up condensation (water) in the tank .  It was very cold this morning and both vehicles started with no problem .....considering my  97  V/6 Astro Van  is.....old !

Anyone still use the stuff ?

Thanks for the replies . Some people buy a higher grade for the cold weather . So I need not buy the stuff ,so I'll put the extra money in the tank .....or buy myself a new ice lure .....  $$ :)$$

1 hour ago, Tyler0420 said:

Anyone use the bottles of injector cleaner that you put in your gas? Does it help anything?

I have been using Star Tron (blue colour) and Sea Foam in my small motors (engines) ....

Like chain saws, gas snow blower , lawn mower and outboard motor .  It seems to keep them all running great .

6 hours ago, smerchly said:

I have been using Star Tron (blue colour) and Sea Foam in my small motors (engines) ....

Like chain saws, gas snow blower , lawn mower and outboard motor .  It seems to keep them all running great .

I also use sea foam in all my small engines as well. Keeps the carbs clean and the fuel stabilized. Works great

• 2 weeks later...

On ‎2017‎-‎12‎-‎29 at 11:10 PM, kgm said:

I also use sea foam in all my small engines as well. Keeps the carbs clean and the fuel stabilized. Works great

Seafoam is one out of two of the only product's I will ever use on all engine's ,IMO, Seafoam concentrate and Seafoam Deep creep, the other is "Gumout" fuel injector cleaner, Seafoam Deep creep is 10x better than WD-40 for rusty bolts etc. imo ,and Seafoam concentrate can be used very effectively for de-carbing carbs and pistons and valves if done properly, but you have to be carefull thou if your doing intake/carb/pistons/valves cleaning ,just be carefull that you don't  pour to much at a rate that hydro locks your motor.  In ww2 American fighter planes used H2o and methanol (windshield washer fluid) injection  for horsepower boost for dog fighting and taking off from aircraft carriers  , the water and methanol expands and builds pressure I.E (steam) and it also cleans pistons and valve's but only for a very short limited time, if used to much it will grenade the motor, there is a "old" mechanic trick to clean combustion cambers and pistons, valves , by pouring bits of water down the carb throat to "steam clean" the valve train, sounds scary but that was the norm for many years in the 40's 50's 60's.

My dad had a 58 Caddy  & it was great on gas  . Back in those days ...leaded gas & none of the crappy ethanol mixed in it .  I'm not sure what type of carb system it had , but I have read about some of the old Caddy's had a water injection system as well as other makes of vehicles. 

NRF.....you seem to be well versed in this technology ....I was using my old snowblower for a few hours today ...Seafoam seems to keep the old girl purring ...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived