coyotes

gunner-2

Well found out from my sister today that since Christmas animals have been coming up missing on there farm 2 ducks a cat and last night there Jack russell

came up missing my brother-in-law and his buddy wen't looking for him they found what was once there sweet little boy [ IT'S ON NOW] going up Tuesday

predator calling and hopefully even the score don't know how many there was they think that there was 2 separate sets of tracks 

Good luck gunner.... that time of year plus the frigid temps there hunger out ways their fear and theyll take whatever they can find.... if u need a partner lemme know... had the .243 out on sat but didn' see nothing... got three diff tracks in my backyard today from last nite and I'm in the city by the pen centre...... 

18 minutes ago, Surf and Turf said:

That's a shame gunner. Hopefully you put a hurt on them! Haven't been out myself but hopefully soon.

Yes a very upsetting thing a i guess they put him out last night to go to the bathroom and that was the last they seen of him my sister is a wreck the cat was my brother-in laws barn cat but that cat was the sweetest cat i have ever know'n she loved people

24 minutes ago, WalleyeChaser said:

Good luck gunner.... that time of year plus the frigid temps there hunger out ways their fear and theyll take whatever they can find.... if u need a partner lemme know... had the .243 out on sat but didn' see nothing... got three diff tracks in my backyard today from last nite and I'm in the city by the pen centre...... 

Yes that is very true and i do understand that but they took it a little to far as spring comes if we don't get a handle on this how many calf's will he loose 

Guest brookie slayer

The days of letting your smaller pets roam free have been gone for quite some time..it's a shame what happened but it's not surprising anymore is it?  Can't blame the yote

52 minutes ago, brookie slayer said:

The days of letting your smaller pets roam free have been gone for quite some time..it's a shame what happened but it's not surprising anymore is it?  Can't blame the yote

Yes that is true and i told my sister this as well a little late but there is still calf's to look out for and we will still be going after them they get that taste of a free meal and it will not stop 

Sorry to hear that gunner . We have a lovable little dog  .....Maggie , who is a Jack Russel - Pug  (JUG) and we would be devastated to lose her like that . It has been very cold with lots of snow and I suppose the yotes  can't find rabbits etc. or have cleaned them out .  Do they use dogs to hunt yotes ...like beagles for instance ?   It's bad enough we have to watch for skunks when she goes out for a pee at night . Wishing you a successful hunt !

18 minutes ago, mooseslayer said:

Good luck. I got the FoxPro Deadbone caller for Christmas. Now that deer season is over planning to get out real soon.

Thanks mooseslayer i'l be giving it my best i have the foxprofx3works well as long as it's not -20 lol but at that temp i'l stay home

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Talking about coyotes  killing family pets .....My wife just got this photo from face book  ....

The yotes are getting braver or hungrier .  This yote was sitting on a fence  off Westchester  Ave . in St.Catharines  . I thought it was a big cat when I first saw the picture on the phone !   I'm sure their neighbours will be more cautious when their pets are outside .

2HAidBAYJ_nBUnuUY1992pY1TR22cEFwPmg-8AsJ

Yep no rabbits around in the wild or very few any way now there coming into backyards and taking our pets and by that pic fences don't even stop them as tedee said thats the first time for me to WOW.

4 hours ago, gunner-2 said:

Yep no rabbits around in the wild or very few any way now there coming into backyards and taking our pets and by that pic fences don't even stop them as tedee said thats the first time for me to WOW.

If you want to keep a coyote out of your yard, the fence needs to go about a foot under the ground if not more ... and it needs to be taller than six feet as a motivated coyote can scale a six footer.

Any brush wolves our there Gunner ? Will they kill yotes ?  When I hunted in the 50-60's yotes were rare . We had plenty of jacks & cotton tails , grouse , partridge  and pheasants ..... boy have things changed !  It's nice to have turkeys but I fear the yotes will get them too .  Do they have a rabbit squeal device that could bring in the yotes to the hunters ?   Is baiting/trapping legal ?  Good hunting !

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Any brush wolves our there Gunner ? Will they kill yotes ?  When I hunted in the 50-60's yotes were rare . We had plenty of jacks & cotton tails , grouse , partridge  and pheasants ..... boy have things changed !  It's nice to have turkeys but I fear the yotes will get them too .  Do they have a rabbit squeal device that could bring in the yotes to the hunters ?   Is baiting/trapping legal ?  Good hunting !

Yes smerch if we had wolves around here they would kill the coyotes especially when the food sources are not very well like yotes wolves are very teritorial and will kill to keep that territory  without any thing to keep them in check they will thrive as we are starting to see there not worth any money so not too many hunters after  them only a few to try to control them hows that working not very well one shot 6 or more born  and that's just 1 female and now with all the development going on in there space this is what it's come down too it makes me laugh i payed 25 bucks to hunt on conservation land one year and out of all the area's you payed to hunt not one allowed us to shoot yotes we need a bounty on them that will get the hunters out there BUT that won't happen it's going to get worse before it gets better and if the  mnr  and the gov would open there eyes and not making hunting a money grab for them they would see there is a pore deer pop in a lot of areas and its mostly from yotes killing fawns and not hunters cause there is no deer around these areas to shoot and yes you can bait for yotes as long as you are not killing things to bait with if you would like to bait then you can go to butcher shops and get scraps from them chicken farmers or even road kills not a bad idea is it

2 hours ago, Snags said:

If you want to keep a coyote out of your yard, the fence needs to go about a foot under the ground if not more ... and it needs to be taller than six feet as a motivated coyote can scale a six footer.

Yes very true Snags i think they would have a better chance climbing a chain link fence then a wooden fence just guessing at that but i could be wrong as i said i have never seen this before by the look of that yote he has something in his sights 

1 hour ago, gunner-2 said:

Yes smerch if we had wolves around here they would kill the coyotes especially when the food sources are not very well like yotes wolves are very teritorial and will kill to keep that territory  without any thing to keep them in check they will thrive as we are starting to see there not worth any money so not too many hunters after  them only a few to try to control them hows that working not very well one shot 6 or more born  and that's just 1 female and now with all the development going on in there space this is what it's come down too it makes me laugh i payed 25 bucks to hunt on conservation land one year and out of all the area's you payed to hunt not one allowed us to shoot yotes we need a bounty on them that will get the hunters out there BUT that won't happen it's going to get worse before it gets better and if the  mnr  and the gov would open there eyes and not making hunting a money grab for them they would see there is a pore deer pop in a lot of areas and its mostly from yotes killing fawns and not hunters cause there is no deer around these areas to shoot and yes you can bait for yotes as long as you are not killing things to bait with if you would like to bait then you can go to butcher shops and get scraps from them chicken farmers or even road kills not a bad idea is it

I know people who have put a camera at the edge of their property near a coyotes' den (which was located on another individuals property) and they were shocked how many deer where being brought back on a weekly basis.   This is where all the fawns go.  yotes these days are big, bold, hungry and there are tons of them.  Trapping is likely the only solution at this point as shooting will only get so far.  MNR are off target with many things hunting related these days. This is where our reporting as hunters is really important.

1 hour ago, gunner-2 said:

I doubt we see a change in the thoughts on hunting coyotes/coydogs until someone is attacked locally and causes people to question things and the local papers get involved ... but even then, there are enough "save the animals/live with nature" people who do everything to stop the harming of animals.

And that will probably lead to our PM taking a selfie while feeding a coyote ...

Archived