Jail

smerchly

Looks like I'm going to be going to jail .....just got a phone call saying I owe money to the government  . If I don't reply immediately , they will issue a warrant for my arrest . It's still on my phone message and they left a number to call them back . 

It's amazes me how these scammers can get away with conning people  and  making money .Our laws don't seem to be able to do anything to catch these thieves .Where's the technology to trace and arrest THEM ?

Sadly, Bill, these fraud artists all exist offshore, so they are essentially untouchable. They rent an 800 number, or a 416 (Toronto) number to run their scam and then disappear, just to pop up with a new set of phone numbers a couple of months later.

Then there are the banana republics that actually make money off these scams. 

Here is an article from the NRPS about it.

http://eriemedia.ca/nrps-warn-revenue-canada-scam/

If you or someone you know suspect they’ve been a victim, hang up and contact your local police service. You can also file a complaint through the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, http://www.antifraudcentre-centreantifraude.ca/index-eng.htm, or Crime Stoppers at 1-800-222-8477 (TIPS), or online at https://www.tipsubmit.com/start.htm.

Source – Niagara Regional Police Service press release

Not sure if that quote means you should call them if you got the call or if you have been scammed of money.

Isn't technology just wonderful . People can make big $$$$ by using a phone to dupe others world wide . This caller  (289 ) has a good speaking voice like your typical radio announcer and has no foreign accent at all .  Maybe it would be fun to lead them on and use a lot of their $$valuable time .

....Thanks Chris ,  we didn't respond even though they left a number to call back .

A new law has been passed to make it illegal for the door knockers peddling new furnaces , water heaters , filtration systems , etc . That is good news .

5 hours ago, captnn said:

Be nice if we got the same cell Smerch

YES , we would have about 155 years of living to talk about captnn . Remember the price of gas in the 50's ?   :).......My present house was $10 grand  brand new in 1955 , and walleye were pickerel   :rolleyes:

On 1/19/2018 at 2:06 PM, smerchly said:

Looks like I'm going to be going to jail .....just got a phone call saying I owe money to the government  . If I don't reply immediately , they will issue a warrant for my arrest . It's still on my phone message and they left a number to call them back . 

It's amazes me how these scammers can get away with conning people  and  making money .Our laws don't seem to be able to do anything to catch these thieves .Where's the technology to trace and arrest THEM ?

Hey smerch i get them all the time do what i do i call them and mess with them i keep them on the phone so long sometimes  they hang up on me hard not to laugh it's just a big scam you would think that they have done this scam so much they would realize it don't work any more

Ya Gunner ,  the word is out on them . and the door knockers as well .  Now , we need to go after those scum bags who mess with our credit cards and computers . Good idea to lead them on and give them a bunch of fake names and numbers .  :blahblah1:

Archived