Simply AMAZING !

smerchly

We have come a loooooooong way since 1969 when I listened to the moon landing while driving north on a fishing trip ......

This is my go to newspaper to get more up to date and thorough news reports . This Telsa car will be putting on billions of miles in space for a loooooong time !

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5361789/Ride-Elon-Musks-Starman-travels-space.html

I have been following SpaceX for years and following their launches.  The return of the booster rockets and seeing them land simultaneously on their pads was just spectacular.  I wasn't around when man landed on the moon but this was so cool.

As a kid, the world stopped and watched the first moon landing. Everything we did at school for that month was space related.

A couple of years later we were doing the same thing for the first Canada/Russia hockey series. THank God for Henderson.

On 2/7/2018 at 1:39 PM, smerchly said:

This is my go to newspaper to get more up to date and thorough news reports . 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-5361789/Ride-Elon-Musks-Starman-travels-space.html

It's widely known as 'the daily fail' in england mate :lol::blink:

1 minute ago, Limey said:

It's widely known as 'the daily fail' in england mate :lol::blink:

HA !  Yes lots of movie star gab there Limey ....so sick of the Kardahians strutting there silicone infused bodies .  They must have photo crews all over the planet as they post many more photos & videos than our  papers .  I was surprised to see there seems to be a lot of Trump support there after reading comments from British people .  Not much about carp fishing though .....:huh:

3 minutes ago, smerchly said:

HA !  Yes lots of movie star gab there Limey ....so sick of the Kardahians strutting there silicone infused bodies .  They must have photo crews all over the planet as they post many more photos & videos than our  papers .  I was surprised to see there seems to be a lot of Trump support there after reading comments from British people .  Not much about carp fishing though .....:huh:

don't get me started on the bloody kardashians lol

can't really comment on trump to be honest, apart from i never thought i'd be scared of an oompa loompa

now carp, as i said in another thread, carping isn't for me but i have quite a few pals who think nothing of sitting on the same bank for days and nights on end just after one particular infamous fish, my point being do you guys have something called DNA baits over here? my mates really waffle on about them and a couple of others who's names escape me...

If you dont have DNA etc i'll happily beg, borrow and scrounge a few samples for you carp guys to try once my paperwork is cleared and i'm allowed back to the motherland ;)

I have never heard about that kind of DNA  Limey .  I checked it out , found a short video on UTube  .....but I'll need a translator to hear what they said ....^_^

It looks like little chocolate balls covered in dark gravy .....sounds good to me !  :D

I think our Canadian carp aren't as fussy and will eat corn right out of the can  . I had oatmeal today for breakfast ....Got me thinking about sharing it with some carp soon .  :)

When fished for carp in my early years , a piece of worm on bottom would catch them .  I don't use the rod apparatus & deli baits that serious carpers use . I just plop the rod on a "Y" stick with the back drag set lightly and wait for the rod to bend . But I think I'll get one of those bleeper thingy's to wake me up when I'm snoozing on the job !   :Gonefishing:      A short vid on DNA ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ugbKhyXe6qE

Before they got all seriously into carping sweetcorn from a can or even a small diced bit of spam would do the trick, I daren't guess how much coin they've spent on gear now though.

had to make my own Y shaped rod rests when I got here as I couldn't find any anywhere, bit basic but they work fine ??

Archived