Flooding

Tyler0420

Listening to CKTB radio this morning ,  they are going to houses asking people to leave the area as the water level is rising . There is a drone(s) taking video of the area which we may see on the local TV news tonight .  I hope the rain ends soon !

pictures.....

https://www.niagarathisweek.com/news-story/8145748-update-grand-river-flooding-forces-brantford-to-declare-state-of-emergency/

Yes the ice breaker was out breaking up the lake and lower river

I wonder what the river will look like this year. I noticed a small island in brantford that wasn’t there last year, wonder if the ice  picked it up and relocated it. Mother Nature’s way of changing things. 

I am more inclined to believe it us humans that change things more... .  Over many years we have paved over Mother Natures fields and forests with asphalt . The never ending building of new housing and shopping malls diverts the rain water  to the streets, sewers , rivers and lakes,    taking with it all the crud on the roads . The wild life also takes a hit and must adapt to city living ..... But we have to keep growing  they say....... and we will fix it with the new carbon taxes ...-_-

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

I am more inclined to believe it us humans that change things more... .  Over many years we have paved over Mother Natures fields and forests with asphalt . The never ending building of new housing and shopping malls diverts the rain water  to the streets, sewers , rivers and lakes,    taking with it all the crud on the roads . The wild life also takes a hit and must adapt to city living ..... But we have to keep growing  they say....... and we will fix it with the new carbon taxes ...-_-

very true and no one values wetlands which are so very important to us in Niagara.  They just want to drain them or pave them over.  They build subdivisions on them where sump pumps run constantly and if you don't have a generator you get flooded when power goes out.  Meanwhile, in all of cities in Niagara the downtowns just suffer and are run down.   There is no real vision in our region and we as anglers and hunters see the effects because we live out there and follow nature and conditions.  Houston floods were a perfect example of what happens when you don't respect any type of watersheds or wetlands and decide to just drain and pave.

The only times that governments take Ma Nature seriously  are when there are large mass catastrophies with high body counts. Everybody points fingers, a few minor bandaid solutions are tossed around, and all is forgotten in 10-12 years.

Archived