March 2

smerchly

Lard Tundering !!! .....Yep , it was thundering during the blizzard last night . Heavy snow to clean up today ,  snow blower time again ...if it can handle this heavy stuff . I think the fishing poles will stay warm today ! 

Merry March   B)

Same here Bubba , about 10"  (25cm) . I spent 4 hrs doing a few driveway snow plow banks & sidewalks . Wore out a shoe adjustment on the hood of my snow blower ....looking to see who sells them .  That stuff was real heavy snow . My arms are 2" longer I;m sure ! 

I have 4 cars plus a boat in my driveway , another job taking the snow off them , maybe a powerful leaf blower might do the job ??   :)

here's the G6 this a.m. ....nice and clean now !

HlvVd_BAc9rGUj7RNIm7GgCTyepo8OlmLIx1joHS

6 hours ago, Fish Farmer said:

Must have went by us in the Hammer, only got about a inch nothing on my street. Did hear the thunder as Smerch mentioned.

I was checking out the roads on line last night and saw the Hammer didn't get hammered like we did .  The radar maps showed Hamilton was getting the same snow  clouds , but the temps were probably warmer  & melted it quickly ....YOUR turn is coming ....haha

Last April 7  2017 we had enough snow to use the shovels ....:santa:

4 hours ago, smerchly said:

I was checking out the roads on line last night and saw the Hammer didn't get hammered like we did .  The radar maps showed Hamilton was getting the same snow  clouds , but the temps were probably warmer  & melted it quickly ....YOUR turn is coming ....haha

Last April 7  2017 we had enough snow to use the shovels ....:santa:

My shovels were in storage. I waited and two days later it was gone.

43 minutes ago, Chrisb said:

My shovels were in storage. I waited and two days later it was gone.

We needed to get out of our driveways which had 3' high banks left from the plows . I helped neighbours who either worked or had other appointments so I pitched in to help . ( Gotta keep a path cleared for the mail delivery or pizza guy ) B)

In our neighbourhood, we don't worry about the city plow. By the time the city truck shows up there is nothing left to plow. We have a fantastic neighbour who plows our entire section of the street, sidewalks and driveways:worthy: for those who need help. I still do my driveway, but the extra help is greatly appreciated. There have been times when the city has waited 3 or 4 days before sending a truck.

Our street gets overdone as the plow passes by every hour until the road is dry . I see sparks from the blades as the plow pushes the snow bank another inch or two ....while the side streets don't get touched . Those people pay 4 grand in taxes and have to drive through big ruts ....and no mail delivery to their door like we do on the main drag because my street is a bus route .  The street is bone dry now , except for the white crust from tons of salt .

We are pretty lucky out here (Allanburg) we get Niagara Region plows and city of Thorold plows constantly like sparks off the asphalt, I think because were along the canal and along CN rail tracks :)  ,but when I lived in St Catharines in Facer street hood for 28 years, it would take days to get plowed out :angry:

17 hours ago, Bubba14 said:

Close to a foot of the heavy stuff here.

Same here - my electric shovel wouldn't even start through it!

For the first time this winter, I had to get my big 9.5 HP snowblower out of the shed.  Did 5 driveways and sidewalks. 

We're a dead-end side street, so often don't see city plows for a couple of days, but the truck plow came down the street in the morning, and the big articulated blade CAT finished clearing the street in the afternoon.

Archived