gps PC software

Chrisb

Wondering if others download their GPS waypoints to their computer.

I have been using GPSUTIL. It is nice program however I have gone past the 100 waypoint limit for the free version.

Do you download your GPS to your PC? What program do you use? Does it allow you to load a map? GSPutil does.

It's been a while but humminbird pc allows you to manipulate waypoints and then view them on google earth. No pinpoint accuracy or depth contours. It helps clean things up. You can place waypoints into folders and upload them back to the main unit. Then you can select hide for particular folders etc. Cleans up you map a lot. Deleting waypoints etc. and changing the icon are options too.

Of course this is just for HB units.

I bought a Lowrance Elite 7ti last summer for my tiny boat, I was lured by the prospect of using their Genesis maps because I fish small ponds that are not mapped.  Later I succumbed and bought Reefmaster 2.0 - best decision I ever made!  Already created maps customized to my particular needs of my favorite places using my own sonar data.  As a result, I was much much more successful at finding where the bass is as compared to previous years.

Archived