Ice out carping

Tyler0420

Tyler.....looks like a nice spot to do some "waggling" for carp . I spend over an hour this morning looking for waggler float set ups for carp . I have a few shallow spots with little to no current to try for carp . It will be nice to use a light set up for those beasts . 

2 hours ago, Mike Pike said:

Wow, Smerch, look at you going all Euro on the carping...  lol    Waggle away!!!

I  ran into a guy ( Jerry Barnett- RIP) using the waggler float at CDP about 5 years ago . It was neat to see the float "waggle" , then disappear . ...never thought too much about it until I found a wag-float last summer at a carp spot . Looks very simple to rig up but need to find the exact depth to keep the bait just off bottom a hair or two . Crappy weather ahead ....will wait for a decent ' old timers ' day to give it a go mate !    

Tomorrow looks like a pike day Mike Pike .....still have some small chubbies , got the float rod with the fat float ready to go .

WTG Ty .....ya ya make us jealous !   I  did my pike day instead , last call today .  I  did catch a couple of fish ....one small pike on a pond chub , plus a nice oos bass that also took a chub. Water has really got muddy at some spots .

I haven’t moved yet even though I see fish farther down.  I’d say it’s still pretty slow. The other day there was 20-30 fish in my area and I caught one. It’s picking up though with the warmer weather.  Tomorrow I’m not doing much so I’m heading back out. 

Went out for 2.5 hours caught 3 carp. Got board so went for a quick crappie/bluegill fish.  I think I’m moving my spot out in the lake more in hopes of some bigger fish. They all seem to be 3-4lbs. 

3FAC5EB8-4846-4091-8331-5E9C58FD3D70.jpeg

653857FD-1992-4430-9FB1-B87F53B8A2CF.jpeg

5598514F-4120-4248-A617-B7E377B24AD1.jpeg

Nice size crappie ...bonus !   Down this way we have "smart carp" .... We have to keep changing the "menu" . They know my set up and pine apple scent and I wear a mask now .......B)  They don't like the dollar store corn either ,  prefer Green Giant  P & C .  Finicky carp they are !  Need to do some carping at the 16 pond soon !:Gonefishing:

8 hours ago, fishingking said:

Tyler some pics u posted look familiar are u fishing Thorold?

This is a local spot for me here in brantford.  If you’re ever around And wanna fish here send me a message.  

On 2018-04-02 at 1:15 PM, smerchly said:

Nice size crappie ...bonus !   Down this way we have "smart carp" .... We have to keep changing the "menu" . They know my set up and pine apple scent and I wear a mask now .......B)  They don't like the dollar store corn either ,  prefer Green Giant  P & C .  Finicky carp they are !  Need to do some carping at the 16 pond soon !:Gonefishing:

These carp aren’t too picky. Corn from anywhere will work.  Grocery store, dollar store ,corner store they like it all. 

Archived