Petro

smerchly

Checking Gas Buddy today for local prices .......Lowest is Gales , Ontario St. (they serve) at  1.14.6 .....and the highest is ...Gales , St.Paul West  at 1.28.9 (self serve) 

Guess I'll have to drive an extra mile to let them fill my tank while I have to stay inside my warm vehicle ......:dunno:  ??

1 hour ago, smerchly said:

Checking Gas Buddy today for local prices .......Lowest is Gales , Ontario St. (they serve) at  1.14.6 .....and the highest is ...Gales , St.Paul West  at 1.28.9 (self serve) 

Guess I'll have to drive an extra mile to let them fill my tank while I have to stay inside my warm vehicle ......:dunno:  ??

Filled up last night in Hamilton @ Pioneer for 107.4  cost $95.00 to squeeze in to truck,,  :rolleyes:  Prices suppose to hit $1.40 by next week they say... just in time for Easter when people start to travel :angry:

Good thing 90% of my fishing spots are less than a 15 min. drive .. Having a little gas war in Hammi ?  Gas is also cheaper in the Napanee /Deseronto area due to the reserve gas stations in the area .  I should take a couple of 5 gal . gas cans with me .....  

Only problem I find with these “gas wars” is people drive all over the place to save 2 to 3 cents but waste more in their own time and fuel to save. If you honestly think how much your own personal time is worth the 2 to 3 cents difference doesn’t add up. Just my opinion though. 

Gas prices are an absolute joke and one giant scam the government fails to address, mostly because of the taxes they collect from it, but I would also assume there are people at different levels getting kickbacks for not discussing it or shutting motions down to discuss it.

Gas prices are not set by supply and demand, it is set by market forecasting.  The only time there should be any price fluctuations is when a gas station receives a shipment of gas as that volume would have been purchased at a set price, if you want to try and say supply and demand ... well the price should also be lowest when the gas station has no cars at it and a fresh shipment of gas dropped off.  Also, when the hurricane shut down the refineries in the USA, our prices jumped ... but based on the fuel already at the station and already enroute the price increase should not have happened until a delivery or two later when the gas station would have paid more for their gas. 

I can understand price points being higher in remote areas (transport fees) or in areas where rent is astronomical (Toronto), but how is gas more expensive in Welland or Fort Erie than St. Catharines (let alone the same price), it isn't like it is a much farther drive, and rent definitely would not be more expensive.

Even in the USA they have this BS with there being over a $1.16 price differential (not even including Alaska) ... it is one giant scam, California is nestled up close to Texas (for delivery), but they pay more than the rest of the USA (Alaska excluded) as a whole.

https://www.gasbuddy.com/GasPriceMap&fuel=1&z=4&lng=-99.67432857434085&lat=35.52877925610787

I wish they had a map of this for Canada.  The price difference between gas in Alberta and Ontario ... the PST ... that is about it.

22 minutes ago, DNorton said:

Only problem I find with these “gas wars” is people drive all over the place to save 2 to 3 cents but waste more in their own time and fuel to save. If you honestly think how much your own personal time is worth the 2 to 3 cents difference doesn’t add up. Just my opinion though. 

I have always laughed at the people who drive around for the best deals, same with the people who sit in line (Ontario Street in St. Catharines) for more than one or two cars.

image.png

Numbers are based on a nice round 50 liters of gas.  So if the difference is under one cent ... it is definitely not worth it ... I loved the gas wars on Ontario street, I would head down to the Petro where it was usually about .008 cents higher and there would never be a line, but you go to the two main stations on Ontario street and WHAMMMO you might as well wait for 20 minutes plus sometimes.

Same with those who will drive across the region for "cheaper" gas ... is it worth the time to?  Only once was it ever worth the time to when one station mispriced their mid-grade gas ... at the pump it was $.15 per liter as opposed to $1.15 which it was supposed to be.  So if your driving a vehicle that needs 100 liters of gas and the price differential is 10 cents a liter ... is it worth your hassle an time to drive for the distance and the time for the lower price?  Sure you save 10 bucks, but what about the time factor, or how long were you sitting in traffic idling at the station?

I go to "we serve" only ,  usually get my petro at S&W at Lakeport Rd....& my other "petro? at the beer store across the road . :)  My old van could easily take 100+ liters , and I use Jerry cans as well . I avoid  line ups , hence I never use drive throughs to get a cup of coffee & waste my gas there for 15 minutes .

I didn't get my gas today ....price went up 10 cents & the gas guy McTeage  said we'll be seeing $1.40 this summer .  The USA is looking pretty good right now , fill up a couple Jerry cans ( 50 lt ) , get beer and groceries  , and save big bucks, even with the $1.30 exchange . 

Guest brookie slayer

They told my friend's mom coming back on the rainbow bridge that big cans of gas isn't allowed.... just shot him a text ...said she was allowed this time and had to pay duty on it..and said they are restricting how many litres u can bring back

Thanks for the info Scott , 2 cans will almost fill the small tank on the G6 - 4 banger . We need to be careful to secure those gas cans in cars,  suv's & vans from tipping over and leaking gas in confined spaces . ....much safer in pick up trucks.  I believe we paid the same price for gas at $1.30 when oil was at $100+ per barrel ....only $65  now . Me thinks they want us to go electric .....:unsure:

...... I hope the gas goes up to  $1.50 ....about a week before election time ....;)

Archived