Sad news

bigugli

I have just read that  Hammercarp has passed away. Any one who knew Lorne would tell you he was an outstanding individual who loved the outdoors, and our sport in particular. He will surely be missed.

Never met Lorne, but really enjoyed his postings and carp adventures. If anyone knew carp fishing it was him. Condolences to his family and friends.

This is a real shock to me , feeling so sad right now  !  Lorne was a great guy who introduced me to carp fishing using simple basic methods . We had a few meet ups at Gibson and Jordan and had a great time catching those hard fighting fish , and I was hoping to get out with him again this year . I'm going to miss this gentle giant !!

My sincere condolences to Lorne's family , fishing buddies and all those who knew him . 

Lorne & I enjoying a day of Gibby Carping .....seems like it was only a few years ago .....

aL7PrSWzOJ_rxe9KlEEoJQXxOknQLRGZSRJjcst0

Here's Lorne fishing (with me) at Jordan . We had some great action that day ! It got very warm after lunch (no a shore lunch) B) and we left .  One thing about carp fishing .....lots of time to sit , relax and talk about passed adventures , nature , baits & rigs , etc.  As we age , we cherish those memories .......

Jm86juyzR7phX5cccTOs8Y5a7BERVzmuC1SQNdJ3

That is sad news, I meet Lorne a few times at the Waterfront Trust kids fishing day,  he had a both set up.

Saw it in the Spec but thought it was someone else.

https://www.thespec.com/announcements-obituaries-memorials/obituaries-death-notices/8339025-morley-lorne-patrick/

Although I never knew him I mourn his loss.  It hurts to lose a fellow fisherman and nature lover.  He seemed like a great guy.  Condolences to everyone here on the forum who were his friend and to his family.  

Man this hit me hard today, Lorne was the man who taught me how to fish for carp and we had plenty of fun times together, I haven't got the chance to fish with him a while, but talked to him regularly on Facebook, RIP my friend and hopefully the banks are loaded where you are.

Bassmaster12

I read his obit posted by Bigugli (thanks Bruce) . I didn't know he was ailing from ALS  - ( I assume from the requested remembrance donations.....)

Lorne was a true nature lover , as I am , and we shared many stories about fishing and wildlife .

He was only 64 .... There's lots of posts by Hammercarp in the archives here ,  he was  my go to....  " Carp Whisperer "   R.I.P. my friend .

On 2018-03-22 at 9:27 AM, smerchly said:

I read his obit posted by Bigugli (thanks Bruce) . I didn't know he was ailing from ALS  - ( I assume from the requested remembrance donations.....)

Lorne was a true nature lover , as I am , and we shared many stories about fishing and wildlife .

He was only 64 .... There's lots of posts by Hammercarp in the archives here ,  he was  my go to....  " Carp Whisperer "   R.I.P. my friend .

ALS is horrific, my father in law passed away from it about 4 weeks ago.

RIP Lorne 

We should have like a NFN wall of fame or something commemorating the members of this forum who have given years of help, knowledge and friendship and been an upstanding member of nfn but have passed on... maybe a picture, a blurb about them and what they gave to nfn and the community and maybe a section where members can post stories or memories about the individual...??? Maybe ??? I feel.like they deserve more than just archived posts.... thoughts? 

I didnt know Lorne but have seen his posts previously from what i hear he was an outstanding individual who dedicated lots of time helping others in the sport we all love.  Condolences to his family and friends. We need more people like him in this world. Unfortunate he lost his battle.  Lets remember him and all the people weve lost anytime youre out in a beautiful area or the sun shines down and warms your face, thats them smiling on us from a better place.  The big pond in the sky stocked with the most beautiful fish for them to catch.

Rest in peace.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Very sad news.......I had the pleasure of meeting him several times over the years............He was always helpful to my son,  in teaching him various techniques for catching carp........................

Archived