Cypriniform

fishybusiness

Ok stretching the carp topic (order: cypriniforme) but hoping someone can help out.  

I am an avid carp fisher but my springtime passion is channel catfish,  problem I am having is locating white sucker for cut bait.  

Growing up in the Sarnia area we always knew the creeks that held good numbers but now that I live in St. Catharines I am having trouble locating them - any help would be greatly appreciated. 

I catch chubs in the creeks running in the short hills . little tiny hook and piece of worm . couple deep pools in there I can get a dozen outta in an hour .I do very well on chunks of cut Chubb for channel cats.i use the smaller ones whole.also nailed a couple over 15 lbs on shrimp last year

You can get them in the grand BUT my buddy use to catch them for Hardcastle in Dunnville the problem with that is he was only able to catch them at the dam with a net but now you have to be 100 feet away from the dam he tried other ways with no luck 

30 years ago I used to catch white suckers by the dozen at this time of year in the creek (ditch) that ran beside Avondale Dairy out near Stewart Road. Don't know if you can still do it or if the ditch is even there still but might be worth checking out.

Lots of worm on a hook has worked for me ....large minnows & chubs works too ....stinky dead smelts & shrimp -squid too . Cats are not too particular , caught a few on corn also.

Archived