Finally got out to have a dabble myself.

Mike Pike

Well, the ice has been off the harbour for a few weeks now and, although guys have been carping throughout winter( ice permitting ), this was my first time out this year.

A brisk SW wind made it feel colder than -1c but once the sun came up, it warmed me up, and my spirits, considerably.    

Skyway sunrise.jpg

One of the best things about getting to the water early in the morning is the active wildlife that you get to see, even at this urban locale.  The morning's creature count included diver ducks, mergansers and this industrious beaver.

.beaver.jpg

Unfortunately, after sending out a method ball with a couple of kernels of corn on a hair, I had zero takers.  The morning only produced several single 'bleeps' on the alarm that had me hopeful, if nothing else.

Absolutely wonderful morning to be out, though.  Staying warm by keeping the biting wind at my back and the sun on my face was a great way to spend the day at this time of year.  Plus, I got a chance to bait up the swim for my next visit, at the least. 

Happy Easter!

On 4/1/2018 at 8:37 AM, DNorton said:

Love the pics. Was going to head out this morning but it was just a bit to brisk for me. 

Ditto , but I got my a$$ out of bed too late ....nice day today !  Lots of rain ahead ....( muddy waters ) .

Nice going Mike , happy (jealous) to see you had a great day !  Beauty shot of the sunrise-goose and good shot of the beaver . While fishing Port Dal. for pike a curious mink was lurking beside me ....couldn't get the camera ready  for a shot before it vanished .

Archived